This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Turkish Airlines is offering a 15% discount for any domestic or international flight booked through its mobile app between now and Saturday. The discount applies to both economy or business-class flights purchased between January 18 and 20, for travel between January 20 through December 31, 2018.
The promotion seems to be part of a push to get users to download the airline’s newly designed app, which is very intuitive and user-friendly.
A sample economy fare from New York (JFK) to Istanbul (IST) is just $714.31 round-trip for early February with this promotion.
Check out our reviews of Turkish Airlines’ flights from Istanbul to New York or Dubai to Istanbul, both in business class, as well as our review of the Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles loyalty program.
Feature photo by Zach Honig / The Points Guy
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees