This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today, TripAdvisor announced their list of the world’s best hotels with its 2018 Travelers’ Choice Awards. This is the 16th year the travel company has given out the award highlighting hotels in a number of categories — including top overall hotel, luxury, bargain, small, best service, B&Bs and inns, romance, family, all-inclusive and a “value for money” category, which makes a first-time appearance on the award list this year.
Each category includes 25 of the best hotels from around the world and 25 of the best hotels in the United States. To qualify for the awards, the hotels must have at least four bubbles and four stars on TripAdvisor. Additionally, each property must have an annual nightly average rate that’s at least 20% below the city average and cost less than $300 per night based on hotel prices available on TripAdvisor.
“This year’s Travelers’ Choice awards for hotels recognize thousands of exceptional accommodations that received the highest marks for value, service, amenities and overall experience from travelers worldwide,” said Brooke Ferencsik, TripAdvisor’s senior director of communications, in a press release. “Whether you’re looking for a great value hotel in a popular city, a luxurious beachfront splurge, or a romantic honeymoon getaway, millions of reviews and opinions from the TripAdvisor community informed this list of winners that will inspire and help travelers plan and book their next amazing trip.”
As for countries with the most unique hotel winners, the United States topped the list with 191 followed by Spain at 176 properties and France with 170 winners. The average nightly rate for the top hotels category is $349 while the average rate for the value for money category clocked in at $160 per night. Luxury is $483; Bargain is $76; Small Hotels is $330; Best Service is $313; B&Bs and Inns is $124; Romance is $325; Family is $252 and All-Inclusive is $427.
The Travelers’ Choice Awards have recognized over 8,000 properties in 94 countries and eight regions worldwide. The winners (listed below) mark hotels with remarkable quality, service and value.
1. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort — Nantucket, Massachusetts
2. Saratoga Arms — Saratoga Springs, New York
3. French Quarter Inn — Charleston, South Carolina
4. Hotel Emma — San Antonio, Texas
5. Stephanie Inn — Cannon Beach, Oregon
6. Santa Maria Suites Hotel — Key West, Florida
7. Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection — New York, New York
8. The Inn at Lost Creek — Mountain Village, Colorado
9. The Langham — Chicago, Illinois
10. Inn at the Market — Seattle, Washington
1. Viroth’s Hotel — Siem Reap, Cambodia
2. Tulemar Bungalows & Villas — Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
3. Umaid Bhawan Palace — Jodhpur, India
4. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa — Hanoi, Vietnam
5. Gili Lankanfushi — Lankanfushi, Maldives
6. Hotel Belvedere — Riccione, Italy
7. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort — Nantucket, Massachusetts
8. La Reserve Paris – Hotel and Spa — Paris, France
9. Nayara Springs — La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
10. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel Trendy — Hanoi, Vietnam
Featured image courtesy of TripAdvisor
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees