These Are the 2018 World’s Best Hotels, According to TripAdvisor
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today, TripAdvisor announced their list of the world’s best hotels with its 2018 Travelers’ Choice Awards. This is the 16th year the travel company has given out the award highlighting hotels in a number of categories — including top overall hotel, luxury, bargain, small, best service, B&Bs and inns, romance, family, all-inclusive and a “value for money” category, which makes a first-time appearance on the award list this year.
Each category includes 25 of the best hotels from around the world and 25 of the best hotels in the United States. To qualify for the awards, the hotels must have at least four bubbles and four stars on TripAdvisor. Additionally, each property must have an annual nightly average rate that’s at least 20% below the city average and cost less than $300 per night based on hotel prices available on TripAdvisor.
“This year’s Travelers’ Choice awards for hotels recognize thousands of exceptional accommodations that received the highest marks for value, service, amenities and overall experience from travelers worldwide,” said Brooke Ferencsik, TripAdvisor’s senior director of communications, in a press release. “Whether you’re looking for a great value hotel in a popular city, a luxurious beachfront splurge, or a romantic honeymoon getaway, millions of reviews and opinions from the TripAdvisor community informed this list of winners that will inspire and help travelers plan and book their next amazing trip.”
As for countries with the most unique hotel winners, the United States topped the list with 191 followed by Spain at 176 properties and France with 170 winners. The average nightly rate for the top hotels category is $349 while the average rate for the value for money category clocked in at $160 per night. Luxury is $483; Bargain is $76; Small Hotels is $330; Best Service is $313; B&Bs and Inns is $124; Romance is $325; Family is $252 and All-Inclusive is $427.
The Travelers’ Choice Awards have recognized over 8,000 properties in 94 countries and eight regions worldwide. The winners (listed below) mark hotels with remarkable quality, service and value.
1. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort — Nantucket, Massachusetts
2. Saratoga Arms — Saratoga Springs, New York
3. French Quarter Inn — Charleston, South Carolina
4. Hotel Emma — San Antonio, Texas
5. Stephanie Inn — Cannon Beach, Oregon
6. Santa Maria Suites Hotel — Key West, Florida
7. Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection — New York, New York
8. The Inn at Lost Creek — Mountain Village, Colorado
9. The Langham — Chicago, Illinois
10. Inn at the Market — Seattle, Washington
1. Viroth’s Hotel — Siem Reap, Cambodia
2. Tulemar Bungalows & Villas — Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
3. Umaid Bhawan Palace — Jodhpur, India
4. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa — Hanoi, Vietnam
5. Gili Lankanfushi — Lankanfushi, Maldives
6. Hotel Belvedere — Riccione, Italy
7. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort — Nantucket, Massachusetts
8. La Reserve Paris – Hotel and Spa — Paris, France
9. Nayara Springs — La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
10. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel Trendy — Hanoi, Vietnam
Featured image courtesy of TripAdvisor
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees