This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What a way to kick off the biggest week in music! On Tuesday night, The Points Guy teamed up with Starwood Preferred Guest to throw a truly memorable night celebrating both travel and music, capped off with a performance by GRAMMY-nominated artist Lil Uzi Vert.
Aside from Lil Uzi Vert himself, the night was a star-studded affair. Appearances were made by YouTube sensation LeJuan James; Lee Abbamonte, the youngest American to visit every country in the world; Lesley Ann Murphy of the The Road Les Traveled; Phaedra Parks of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta”; Simon Huck, owner of Command PR; Jackie Oshry of “The Morning Breath” and many more.
The night started off with a trip around the world. Everyone was taken through an immersive digital exhibition to four colorful and bold destinations. Starting in Morocco, guests traveled to Mexico City and on to India before finishing the “trip” in Iceland — one of TPG’s favorite destinations to visit in 2018.
The night was capped off by a booming performance by Lil Uzi Vert, who is nominated for two GRAMMYs this year — Best New Artist and Best Rap Performance for “Bad and Boujee” with Migos. The 10-song set blew the crowd away. Uzi also brought Playboi Carti on stage for a special appearance.
The night was a great way to kick off a big week in music. TPG is excited to connect travel with music, and explore how the two interact to bring worlds closer together.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards