This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What a way to kick off the biggest week in music! On Tuesday night, The Points Guy teamed up with Starwood Preferred Guest to throw a truly memorable night celebrating both travel and music, capped off with a performance by GRAMMY-nominated artist Lil Uzi Vert.
Aside from Lil Uzi Vert himself, the night was a star-studded affair. Appearances were made by YouTube sensation LeJuan James; Lee Abbamonte, the youngest American to visit every country in the world; Lesley Ann Murphy of the The Road Les Traveled; Phaedra Parks of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta”; Simon Huck, owner of Command PR; Jackie Oshry of “The Morning Breath” and many more.
The night started off with a trip around the world. Everyone was taken through an immersive digital exhibition to four colorful and bold destinations. Starting in Morocco, guests traveled to Mexico City and on to India before finishing the “trip” in Iceland — one of TPG’s favorite destinations to visit in 2018.
The night was capped off by a booming performance by Lil Uzi Vert, who is nominated for two GRAMMYs this year — Best New Artist and Best Rap Performance for “Bad and Boujee” with Migos. The 10-song set blew the crowd away. Uzi also brought Playboi Carti on stage for a special appearance.
The night was a great way to kick off a big week in music. TPG is excited to connect travel with music, and explore how the two interact to bring worlds closer together.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees