Skirt Long TSA Lines With TripIt’s Latest Feature
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A new year, a new TripIt feature. The highest-rated travel-organizing app just got a new feature that estimates wait times at security checkpoints. With the update, one of the most unpredictable aspects of traveling now has real-time wait times so users can plan exactly when to head to the airport.
By alerting travelers to wait-times at certain checkpoints, TripIt allows users to maximize their time by not arriving to the airport too late — or even too early. The app gives travelers everything they need to to plan their trip including maps that help navigate departure — and arrival — gates.
“This latest addition to TripIt Pro brings us one step closer to our goal of getting you out the door and to your gate as fast as possible,” said Jen Moyse, director of product, in a press release. “Letting travelers know how long they’ll spend in the security line helps them make the most out of their valuable time.”
TripIt monitors security checkpoint lines and alerts users to how long the wait time is for their gate. The app will send an alert three hours before a flight showing the current wait times and users can check the app for real-time updates. There is also a built-in airport map that shows users which amenities — restrooms, restaurants and shops — are located at each gate.
The security wait-time feature is only available at select airports in Austin (AUS), Denver (DEN), Orlando (MCO) and Phoenix (PHX) and the new wait-time feature is only available on TripIt Pro ($49/year). The app is available for iOS and Android apps.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees