Skirt Long TSA Lines With TripIt’s Latest Feature
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A new year, a new TripIt feature. The highest-rated travel-organizing app just got a new feature that estimates wait times at security checkpoints. With the update, one of the most unpredictable aspects of traveling now has real-time wait times so users can plan exactly when to head to the airport.
By alerting travelers to wait-times at certain checkpoints, TripIt allows users to maximize their time by not arriving to the airport too late — or even too early. The app gives travelers everything they need to to plan their trip including maps that help navigate departure — and arrival — gates.
“This latest addition to TripIt Pro brings us one step closer to our goal of getting you out the door and to your gate as fast as possible,” said Jen Moyse, director of product, in a press release. “Letting travelers know how long they’ll spend in the security line helps them make the most out of their valuable time.”
TripIt monitors security checkpoint lines and alerts users to how long the wait time is for their gate. The app will send an alert three hours before a flight showing the current wait times and users can check the app for real-time updates. There is also a built-in airport map that shows users which amenities — restrooms, restaurants and shops — are located at each gate.
The security wait-time feature is only available at select airports in Austin (AUS), Denver (DEN), Orlando (MCO) and Phoenix (PHX) and the new wait-time feature is only available on TripIt Pro ($49/year). The app is available for iOS and Android apps.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.