Dog-Friendly San Francisco Hotel Offers Puppy Love to Guests
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
At Hotel Nikko San Francisco, you don’t need a pet to enjoy the paw-friendly perks. The Bay Area hotel has appointed a “Canine Operating Officer” to provide its guests with the best puppy cuddles and kisses. Back in 2015, Hotel Nikko adopted Buster Posey Presutt, a therapy dog that specializes in comforting those around him. Named for the SF Giants slugger Buster Posey, the (almost) three-year-old Morkie is an instant stress-reliever for weary travelers — and hotel employees too.
As a part of his official responsibilities, Buster welcomes and spends time with hotel guests. Upon check-in, guests have the option of purchasing a custom-made plush animal dog for $29, or they can request and book a “meet and greet” with the COO. Buster is available to guests during the week from 9am to 5pm in the designated dog run area, the lobby or in guest room.
So far, the hotel has received an overwhelming response from guests. People who don’t have pets are booking a stay because they know of Buster’s service. In fact, since Buster began as Canine Operating Officer, the Union Square hotel has seen a 20% increase in pet package purchases.
“Guests who’ve been able to meet Buster have told us that the stress of their travel is immediately lifted, receiving not only great service from our staff but also puppy kisses upon check-in or some cuddles at the dog run. We also get many people booking outside of the package, as well simply booking a rate and adding on their dog upon check in,” a spokesperson for Hotel Nikko told TPG.
The hotel extends hospitality to its canine guests as well. For those traveling with their four-legged companions, the hotel offers a special dog-friendly package to pups weighing in at 60 pounds or less. In addition to comforting guests, Buster also plays with traveling dogs who need extra company throughout their stay.
During their visit, dogs can have a relaxing (or playful) time on the VIP (Very Important Pet) floor, where they’re treated to a selection of amenities from stylish dog beds, fun welcome bags, toys and gourmet treats. Visiting pups also have access to the city’s only rooftop grass dog-run where they can meet other local canines.
Hotel Nikko charges $50 per night for each dog staying at the hotel, and an additional cleaning fee may be applied, if necessary.
Featured image and video by Hotel Nikko San Francisco.
H/T Travel + Leisure
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees