Dog-Friendly San Francisco Hotel Offers Puppy Love to Guests
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
At Hotel Nikko San Francisco, you don’t need a pet to enjoy the paw-friendly perks. The Bay Area hotel has appointed a “Canine Operating Officer” to provide its guests with the best puppy cuddles and kisses. Back in 2015, Hotel Nikko adopted Buster Posey Presutt, a therapy dog that specializes in comforting those around him. Named for the SF Giants slugger Buster Posey, the (almost) three-year-old Morkie is an instant stress-reliever for weary travelers — and hotel employees too.
As a part of his official responsibilities, Buster welcomes and spends time with hotel guests. Upon check-in, guests have the option of purchasing a custom-made plush animal dog for $29, or they can request and book a “meet and greet” with the COO. Buster is available to guests during the week from 9am to 5pm in the designated dog run area, the lobby or in guest room.
So far, the hotel has received an overwhelming response from guests. People who don’t have pets are booking a stay because they know of Buster’s service. In fact, since Buster began as Canine Operating Officer, the Union Square hotel has seen a 20% increase in pet package purchases.
“Guests who’ve been able to meet Buster have told us that the stress of their travel is immediately lifted, receiving not only great service from our staff but also puppy kisses upon check-in or some cuddles at the dog run. We also get many people booking outside of the package, as well simply booking a rate and adding on their dog upon check in,” a spokesperson for Hotel Nikko told TPG.
The hotel extends hospitality to its canine guests as well. For those traveling with their four-legged companions, the hotel offers a special dog-friendly package to pups weighing in at 60 pounds or less. In addition to comforting guests, Buster also plays with traveling dogs who need extra company throughout their stay.
During their visit, dogs can have a relaxing (or playful) time on the VIP (Very Important Pet) floor, where they’re treated to a selection of amenities from stylish dog beds, fun welcome bags, toys and gourmet treats. Visiting pups also have access to the city’s only rooftop grass dog-run where they can meet other local canines.
Hotel Nikko charges $50 per night for each dog staying at the hotel, and an additional cleaning fee may be applied, if necessary.
Featured image and video by Hotel Nikko San Francisco.
H/T Travel + Leisure
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.