La Compagnie to Switch Operations to Paris Orly From Charles de Gaulle
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
La Compagnie, the all-business-class airline, is switching its home base in Paris. As of summer 2018, the boutique carrier will switch its operations from Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to Orly (ORY).
As reported by Air Journal, there isn’t an exact date for the switch just yet, but La Compagnie will communicate the date of the switch to customers in the coming weeks. Currently, La Compagnie flies only between Newark (EWR) and CDG, so while this won’t change anything too much, it could alter plans for those who already have travel booked on the route.
The now-defunct Air Berlin once held slots at ORY, which is what prevented La Compagnie from making the switch any sooner. Now that Air Berlin has ceased operations, its slots at the airport have been redistributed to other carriers.
During the summer, La Compagnie operates the route up to 13x weekly. The move to ORY, which will only allow for it to operate 10x weekly flights, could result in a decrease in frequency or a move to operate out of both CDG and ORY. In all, ORY is generally a positive switch from the passenger perspective. The airport is located about 11 miles from the city, whereas its larger airport CDG is located about 18.5 miles away.
TPG has flown with La Compagnie in the past and thought the experience was comfortable — check out the full review here. The carrier currently operates a fleet of retrofitted Boeing 757-200s. However, in September 2017, La Compagnie announced that it had placed an order for two A321neo aircraft, which will also feature the airline’s signature all-business-class configuration. Although the seats it flies today are angle-flat as opposed to lie-flat, you can often score a great deal to fly it, as the carrier frequently offers sales, with fares as low as $998 round-trip.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.