La Compagnie to Switch Operations to Paris Orly From Charles de Gaulle
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
La Compagnie, the all-business-class airline, is switching its home base in Paris. As of summer 2018, the boutique carrier will switch its operations from Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to Orly (ORY).
As reported by Air Journal, there isn’t an exact date for the switch just yet, but La Compagnie will communicate the date of the switch to customers in the coming weeks. Currently, La Compagnie flies only between Newark (EWR) and CDG, so while this won’t change anything too much, it could alter plans for those who already have travel booked on the route.
The now-defunct Air Berlin once held slots at ORY, which is what prevented La Compagnie from making the switch any sooner. Now that Air Berlin has ceased operations, its slots at the airport have been redistributed to other carriers.
During the summer, La Compagnie operates the route up to 13x weekly. The move to ORY, which will only allow for it to operate 10x weekly flights, could result in a decrease in frequency or a move to operate out of both CDG and ORY. In all, ORY is generally a positive switch from the passenger perspective. The airport is located about 11 miles from the city, whereas its larger airport CDG is located about 18.5 miles away.
TPG has flown with La Compagnie in the past and thought the experience was comfortable — check out the full review here. The carrier currently operates a fleet of retrofitted Boeing 757-200s. However, in September 2017, La Compagnie announced that it had placed an order for two A321neo aircraft, which will also feature the airline’s signature all-business-class configuration. Although the seats it flies today are angle-flat as opposed to lie-flat, you can often score a great deal to fly it, as the carrier frequently offers sales, with fares as low as $998 round-trip.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees