Etihad Details New Chauffeur Service Partnership With Mercedes-Benz
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Etihad is adding an exclusive partner for its chauffeur service. Effective Wednesday, eligible Etihad passengers traveling in a premium cabin will have access to a complimentary Mercedes-operated chauffeur service when you’re arriving at or departing from Abu Dhabi (AUH).
In June 2017, the carrier announced that it was eliminating its complimentary chauffeur service with the exception of destinations within the UAE. That policy will continue, but with Mercedes vehicles. In addition, this new Mercedes chauffeur service will take eligible passengers between AUH and anywhere in the UAE. With this announcement, Etihad is unfortunately getting rid of the option to pay extra for a chauffeur when you’re not traveling somewhere other than AUH.
As for who qualifies for this Mercedes chauffeur service, all first and business-class tickets (with the exception of business saver tickets) are eligible. Passengers who are traveling in The Residence will continue to get free chauffeur service in New York, London, Melbourne, Abu Dhabi, Paris and Sydney. Check out TPG’s experience when flying in The Residence, including the chauffeur service — at that time, he was given the choice of a Cadillac Escalade or BMW 7 series.
According to the terms and conditions, the chauffeur service is available for passengers traveling on award tickets, as long as the ticket meets the other requirements. The chauffeur is only available for passengers on Etihad-operated flights.
If you’re interested in booking, head to the chauffeur page on Etihad’s site and enter your booking reference number and last name. Also keep in mind that if you’re eligible, you must book the service at least 24 hours prior to departure.
Feature photo by Ruslan ShamukovTASS via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees