Etihad Details New Chauffeur Service Partnership With Mercedes-Benz
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Etihad is adding an exclusive partner for its chauffeur service. Effective Wednesday, eligible Etihad passengers traveling in a premium cabin will have access to a complimentary Mercedes-operated chauffeur service when you’re arriving at or departing from Abu Dhabi (AUH).
In June 2017, the carrier announced that it was eliminating its complimentary chauffeur service with the exception of destinations within the UAE. That policy will continue, but with Mercedes vehicles. In addition, this new Mercedes chauffeur service will take eligible passengers between AUH and anywhere in the UAE. With this announcement, Etihad is unfortunately getting rid of the option to pay extra for a chauffeur when you’re not traveling somewhere other than AUH.
As for who qualifies for this Mercedes chauffeur service, all first and business-class tickets (with the exception of business saver tickets) are eligible. Passengers who are traveling in The Residence will continue to get free chauffeur service in New York, London, Melbourne, Abu Dhabi, Paris and Sydney. Check out TPG’s experience when flying in The Residence, including the chauffeur service — at that time, he was given the choice of a Cadillac Escalade or BMW 7 series.
According to the terms and conditions, the chauffeur service is available for passengers traveling on award tickets, as long as the ticket meets the other requirements. The chauffeur is only available for passengers on Etihad-operated flights.
If you’re interested in booking, head to the chauffeur page on Etihad’s site and enter your booking reference number and last name. Also keep in mind that if you’re eligible, you must book the service at least 24 hours prior to departure.
Feature photo by Ruslan ShamukovTASS via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.