This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Super Bowl LII is quickly approaching and the festivities are heating up. On Sunday, the Eagles arrived in Minneapolis on an American Airlines charter flight. The next day, the reigning super bowl champs, the New England Patriots, also touched down in Minnesota.
Minneapolis St. Paul Airport (MSP) shared a fun time lapse showing both of the teams’ aircraft arriving into the hangar.
First we see an American A330-200, which carried the Eagles, pull into a building that’s big enough to fit an entire wide-body aircraft. The team and its staff deplane and its cargo is unloaded.
The Patriots pulled into the same hangar yesterday afternoon in their newly purchased Boeing 767-300ER. Decked out in Patriots livery, the “Air Kraft” is the only plane privately-owned by an NFL team.
Photo by Nick Wosika / Icon Sportswire / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees