Deal Alert: US Cities to Paris From $430 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
While low-cost carriers have certainly driven down prices to Europe, it’s still preferable to fly a full service carrier on international routes when possible. And right now, several full service carriers — including Air France, Air Canada, American, Delta and United — are offering great prices on flights to Paris, France (CDG) from cities all around the US, including New York (JFK), Atlanta (ATL), Miami (MIA), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO) starting as low as $430 round-trip.
These itineraries are mostly available in January, February and March, but you don’t need any tricks to find these deals. So just search for the dates you want using Google Flights, then book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline itself. Also, since these are international trips on mainstream carriers — and not in Basic Economy — passengers will usually get their first checked bag free and a complimentary meal.
Airlines: Air France, Air Canada, American, Delta, United
Routes: JFK/ATL/MIA/ORD/SFO/LAX to CDG
Cost: $430+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January through March
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Paris, France (CDG) for $430 round-trip via Orbitz:
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) for $437 round-trip via Orbitz:
Miami (MIA) to Paris (CDG) for $465 round-trip via Orbitz:
Chicago (ORD) to Paris (CDG) for $478 round-trip via Orbitz:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris (CDG) for $483 round-trip via Orbitz:
Atlanta (ATL) to Paris (CDG) for $486 round-trip via Orbitz:
Maximize Your Purchase
Be sure to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Secret Flying
Featured image by Rodger Bryant Photography/Getty Images.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees