This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This video takes us to Dusseldorf (DUS) where a Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 was attempting to land last Thursday. Eurowings, a low-cost German carrier owned by the Lufthansa Group, was flying the plane from Bologna (BLQ) to the airport in western Germany, which is known for its tricky crosswinds. According to HvdH-Plane-Spotter, the aircraft was battling intense 70-mile an hour winds on its approach to the runway.
The video begins with the Dash 8, a turboprop aircraft, turning from side to side, looking like it’s completely at the mercy of the winds. The plane appears to be at a 45 degree angle as it gets closer to the runway — it tries to align itself but gets blown back and has to land sideways. Miraculously, once its wheels touch the ground, it straightens out and completes a safe landing.
It’s a scary looking landing, but kudos to the pilots for keeping the passengers and crew safe.
Featured image by HvdH-Plane-Spotter / YouTube.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees