Boston Hotel Offering Rates as Low as the Temperature
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While you might not be able to feel your fingers or toes thanks to the extreme cold hitting the US at the moment, the dire straits of winter do come with one perk: The Colonnade Hotel in Boston is offering room rates to match the temperature outside as part of its Frosty Fridays offer.
That’s right: Even if it’s zero out. (No mention of compensation or additional refunds for temperatures below zero, however.) Considering the average low in January in Beantown is a balmy 22 degrees, the odds are in your favor at this Back Bay hotel.
To get the deal, those brave enough to face the cold must book a two-night weekend stay between Dec 1 – Apr 8, 2018 and pay “only the outside temperature on Friday night, based on the 5:00 p.m. reading by the National Weather Service,” plus a special rate of $289 for Saturday night.
The deal gets you:
- Your choice of 4 tickets to either the Old Town Trolley Tour or admission and skating rentals at The Boston Common Frog Pond Skating Rink
- A “Make your own” hot chocolate bar
- Overnight parking
You also have the option for a late check-out time of 2:00pm, for those just not ready to go back out into the elements. The hotel’s website advises that the package sells out quickly, so “check your farmer’s almanac” and start layering up.
Featured image courtesy of The Colonnade Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.