Boston Hotel Offering Rates as Low as the Temperature
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While you might not be able to feel your fingers or toes thanks to the extreme cold hitting the US at the moment, the dire straits of winter do come with one perk: The Colonnade Hotel in Boston is offering room rates to match the temperature outside as part of its Frosty Fridays offer.
That’s right: Even if it’s zero out. (No mention of compensation or additional refunds for temperatures below zero, however.) Considering the average low in January in Beantown is a balmy 22 degrees, the odds are in your favor at this Back Bay hotel.
To get the deal, those brave enough to face the cold must book a two-night weekend stay between Dec 1 – Apr 8, 2018 and pay “only the outside temperature on Friday night, based on the 5:00 p.m. reading by the National Weather Service,” plus a special rate of $289 for Saturday night.
The deal gets you:
- Your choice of 4 tickets to either the Old Town Trolley Tour or admission and skating rentals at The Boston Common Frog Pond Skating Rink
- A “Make your own” hot chocolate bar
- Overnight parking
You also have the option for a late check-out time of 2:00pm, for those just not ready to go back out into the elements. The hotel’s website advises that the package sells out quickly, so “check your farmer’s almanac” and start layering up.
Featured image courtesy of The Colonnade Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees