This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While you might not be able to feel your fingers or toes thanks to the extreme cold hitting the US at the moment, the dire straits of winter do come with one perk: The Colonnade Hotel in Boston is offering room rates to match the temperature outside as part of its Frosty Fridays offer.
That’s right: Even if it’s zero out. (No mention of compensation or additional refunds for temperatures below zero, however.) Considering the average low in January in Beantown is a balmy 22 degrees, the odds are in your favor at this Back Bay hotel.
To get the deal, those brave enough to face the cold must book a two-night weekend stay between Dec 1 – Apr 8, 2018 and pay “only the outside temperature on Friday night, based on the 5:00 p.m. reading by the National Weather Service,” plus a special rate of $289 for Saturday night.
The deal gets you:
- Your choice of 4 tickets to either the Old Town Trolley Tour or admission and skating rentals at The Boston Common Frog Pond Skating Rink
- A “Make your own” hot chocolate bar
- Overnight parking
You also have the option for a late check-out time of 2:00pm, for those just not ready to go back out into the elements. The hotel’s website advises that the package sells out quickly, so “check your farmer’s almanac” and start layering up.
Featured image courtesy of The Colonnade Hotel.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that