This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While you might not be able to feel your fingers or toes thanks to the extreme cold hitting the US at the moment, the dire straits of winter do come with one perk: The Colonnade Hotel in Boston is offering room rates to match the temperature outside as part of its Frosty Fridays offer.
That’s right: Even if it’s zero out. (No mention of compensation or additional refunds for temperatures below zero, however.) Considering the average low in January in Beantown is a balmy 22 degrees, the odds are in your favor at this Back Bay hotel.
To get the deal, those brave enough to face the cold must book a two-night weekend stay between Dec 1 – Apr 8, 2018 and pay “only the outside temperature on Friday night, based on the 5:00 p.m. reading by the National Weather Service,” plus a special rate of $289 for Saturday night.
The deal gets you:
- Your choice of 4 tickets to either the Old Town Trolley Tour or admission and skating rentals at The Boston Common Frog Pond Skating Rink
- A “Make your own” hot chocolate bar
- Overnight parking
You also have the option for a late check-out time of 2:00pm, for those just not ready to go back out into the elements. The hotel’s website advises that the package sells out quickly, so “check your farmer’s almanac” and start layering up.
Featured image courtesy of The Colonnade Hotel.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards