Earn Bonus Miles for Valentine’s Day With American and United Shopping Portals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Both United MileagePlus Shopping and American AAdvantage Shopping are offering members the opportunity to earn bonus miles when making Valentine’s Day purchases. AA and United are each offering 500 miles for spending $200.
Here’s how the promotions break down for both American and United:
American Airlines AAdvantage Shopping
From Monday, January 29, to Sunday, February 11, 2018, at 11:59pm ET, the American shopping portal is offering the ability to earn bonus miles. If you shop with the AAdvantage shopping portal during the promotional period, you’ll earn 500 bonus AAdvantage miles when you spend $200.
The bonus will only be awarded once during the promotional period. The 500-mile bonus is in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent through the shopping portal. Based on TPG’s most recent valuation, those 500 bonus miles are worth $7, so you’re not getting a bad return on these purchases.
United Airlines MileagePlus Shopping
Between Monday, January 29, and Sunday, February 11, 2018, at 11:59pm ET, you can also earn bonus miles on your shopping purchases through the MileagePlus shopping portal. During the promotional period, you’ll earn 500 bonus miles when you spend $200.
The bonus will only be awarded once during the promotional period. The 500-mile bonus is in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent through the shopping portal. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, those 500 bonus miles are worth $7 — not a bad return on your Valentine’s Day purchases.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles.
Featured image by @genesislinares_ via Twenty20.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.