This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We all remember AirBerlin‘s decline and eventual death in 2017, but that doesn’t mean the airline’s memory can’t live on. AvGeeks everywhere now have the chance to bid on pieces of AirBerlin aircraft through German auction house Dechow. You’re able to bid on everything from business class or economy seats to airline-branded flatware.
Those interested in buying a piece of what was Germany’s second-largest airline can do so beginning January 15, 2018, when the auction begins. The online portion of the auction will remain opens for two weeks.
Other items available for bidding include amenity kits filled with hand lotion, chapstick, an eye mask, socks and other small accessories, as well as vanity bags without any contents. There are “kinder-sets” — kits designed for children with a cartoon Air Berlin airplane on the outside, and silverware, dishes and glasses formerly found in business class on the inside. If you’re looking for a bar cart for your home, you can even bid on the classic red and white drink trolleys. And, yes, you can even bid on those German chocolates pictured above.
Air Berlin originally declared bankruptcy in August 2017, and with it, announced a dramatic reduction in flights. After it was denied additional funding from Etihad Airways, who was part-owner of Air Berlin, the airline ceased operations completely in October 2017 after 39 years of service.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that