This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Azores Airlines is making a significant upgrade to its fleet. Beginning Thursday, the airline is operating its first-ever nonstop transatlantic service with an Airbus A321neo, transporting passengers between Boston (BOS) and Ponta Delgada, Azores (PDL).
In December 2017, Azores Airlines took delivery of a new A321neo, becoming the first Portuguese operator of the aircraft. Once all deliveries are complete, the airline will operate six leased A321neos. The A321neos will replace aging A310s that the carrier currently flies on the BOS-PDL route.
Azores‘ A321neo carries up to 186 passengers in two classes. There are 16 business-class seats, which are standard recliners — similar to what you’d find in domestic first class. The BOS-PDL leg is less than five hours of flying time, which isn’t terrible, although there’s no lie-flat business-class product.
Still, the A321neo represents an upgrade, and one that’s affordable (for now). You can find one-way fares in economy for $222, or $481 round-trip. Business class is a bit more pricy (expect to pay $747 one-way or upward of $1,500 round-trip). Plus, by traveling with the carrier, you can continue your trip on to Portugal — the carrier flies nonstop from PDL to Lisbon (LIS) and Porto (OPO).
In addition to the new fleet of A321neo aircraft — which will also operate on the airline’s high frequency network to Portugal and Western Europe — Azores Airlines also operates A310, A320 and A330 aircraft.
Featured image courtesy Airbus / C.Brinkmann.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards