Win a Chance to Stay on a Deepwater Exploration Vessel, Now Listed on Airbnb
Airbnb has teamed up with BBC to give three contestants a chance to win a stay onboard the Alucia, the vessel that was used to capture the groundbreaking underwater scenes featured in Planet Earth: Blue Planet II. The three winners will have the opportunity to travel 1,000 meters below Earth to see firsthand an ocean community that most people can only see from a screen.
The selected winners will spend three days and two nights onboard the Alucia — owned and operated by ocean exploration pioneer OceanX — in the Bahamas, the same ship that marine biologists, scientists and filmmakers used to create the documentary. The Alucia has been used for some of the most groundbreaking research and filmmaking, including the first-ever footage of the giant squid and deep sea dives in Antarctica (see more in the video, below).
The news comes after the US simulcast premiere of Planet Earth: Blue Planet II and hopes to inspire and educate the public about ocean exploration and conservation. Winners will be hosted by Orla Doherty, the documentary producer who will share untold stories of aquatic adventures and little-known facts about marine life.
“Having spent 500 hours in the submarine and countless weeks at sea filming the deep sea for Blue Planet II, the Alucia almost feels like my second home,” Doherty said in a press release. “I now feel privileged to be able to share this once in a lifetime experience with promising ocean heroes and show them the wonders of life in the ocean.”
To enter the contest, describe your dream adventure and complete the entry by February 10, 2018 at 12pm GMT. The three winners will be chosen by a panel of judges and each winner will be able to take one guest with them. The expedition will last from April 4-8, 2018 and includes economy airfare from the winner’s hometown to Nassau, Bahamas — plus meals, ground transportation and entertainment. Winners will spend two nights onboard the Alucia and two nights in an Airbnb home before and after the underwater excursion.
Images courtesy of Airbnb
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees