Watch Passengers on an AA Flight Brace for Emergency Landing
Passengers on board an American Airlines commuter flight, operated by Mesa Airlines, went through an experience normally only seen in the movies.
AA Flight 5957, operated by a Mesa CRJ-700, was traveling from Phoenix (PHX) to Dallas (DFW) on Wednesday. As the flight was preparing for landing, passengers were told by flight crew that they would need to “brace for landing.” Passenger Steve Ramsthel recorded the flight attendant’s eerie announcement, as well as the landing when passengers were braced. The aircraft ultimately landed safely at DFW.
Ramsthel told KNXV that he could smell smoke on the plane. As evidenced in the video, Ramsthel also said that the flight crew handled the situation very professionally and in a calm manner.
American released a statement, saying, “A flight made an emergency landing on January 17 due to mechanical issues stemming from a broken fan. There were no reported injuries.”
According to AA, the CRJ-700 has been inspected and is now back in service.
Featured image by Wikimedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.