This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – United MileagePlus Explorer Card
This week, United launched a new promotion to targeted MileagePlus members, offering bonus miles for flights through mid-January. To see your “Mile Play” offer, click here and enter your MileagePlus number.
Even if you made the cut to be targeted for this promotion, offers are all over the place. TPG Points and Miles Editor Sarah Silbert got a decent offer of 18,000 bonus miles for booking and taking two trips in United Economy between now and January 12, 2018:
On the other end of the spectrum, TPG Assistant Editor Nick Ellis got a measly offer of 700 bonus miles for booking Economy Plus once between now at January 12, 2018:
In the middle, TPG Assistant Editor Brendan Dorsey got an offer of 7,400 bonus miles for booking and taking two trips in United Economy by January 12, 2018.
Personally, I didn’t get an offer:
Whether you were targeted for this promotion or not, you can still stock up on bonus United miles by opening a new Chase credit card. Currently, the United MileagePlus Explorer Card is offering a 40,000 United miles sign-up offer for spending $2,000 in the first three months after opening the card. Plus, you’ll get perks like a free checked bag, priority boarding (even when booking Basic Economy) and two club passes per year. And there’s no annual fee the first year.
The United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card offers many of the same perks with a 50,000-mile signup bonus for spending $3,000 in the first three months. And forget paying for a United Club membership; you can get a 50,000-mile sign-up bonus plus a United Club membership with the United MileagePlus Club Card.
Were you targeted and — if so — what’s your offer?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards