This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in time for the holidays, stock your Uber account with $35 in credits. One of the nicest perks of the Platinum Card from American Express is that it comes with $200 in annual Uber credits — and you’ll get the largest share of that sum during the month of December.
Amex breaks the annual Uber credits down by month. For January through November, you’ll get $15 in monthly Uber credits. However, at the end of the year in December, cardholders get more than double that amount to use on rides throughout the month. The credits won’t roll over into January, so be sure to use the $35 before December 31, 2017.
If you’re new to the Platinum Card, be sure to register the card in your Uber app in order to take advantage of the $200 in annual credits. In addition, if you’re looking to use part (or all) of your credits on a ride, be sure your credits are selected before requesting a ride.
The annual Uber credits are just one of the many benefits of the Platinum Card. The card currently comes with a sign-up bonus of 60,000 points after you spend $5,000 in the first three months. You’ll earn 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel, as well as on eligible hotels booked through Amex Travel. In addition, you’ll get $200 in annual airline fee credits, a credit for Global Entry and much more.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees