TPG Shares Travel Tips and Hacks on Friday’s ‘Today Show’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
2018 is right around the corner which means it’s time to start planning next year’s adventures. Are you eyeing a trip to the Maldives in an overwater villa, or heading to Norway to check out the Northern Lights? No matter where you end up, there are a few things to keep in mind — especially when it comes to your budget.
Lucky for you, our very own TPG will be appearing on NBC’s The Today Show Friday morning (December 29) at 9:00am ET to share his best tips, tricks and hacks for saving money while traveling in the new year. While we all know that points and miles are a great way to fly for free and score free nights at hotels, there are plenty of other ways to save big. Make sure to tune in and find out what you need to know before booking your next vacation:
- How to best use Google Flights to find cheap airfare
- How to redeem your miles for the most value, including redemptions worth more than 6 cents per point
- Tricks for accessing the cheapest fares on an airline’s website
- How to find award availability — even when it doesn’t seem to be there
In the meantime, check out the great tips TPG dropped on The Today Show last year.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees