This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Justin Jordan uses his leftover amenity kits to stash excess cords.
“Don’t get to fly first class but when I visited my parents last year I found that my father, who travels a bunch, passes his amenity kits from first class to less fortunate individuals he encounters living in downtown Chicago. It was such a great #prouddaughter moment,” says Hannah Wulczyn.
“Totally save them and stock up on #earplugs #eyemasks and occasionally comfy house/hotel/long haul flight slippers,” says Albert Lin. “I can also neither confirm nor deny I occasionally ‘liberate’ & snag an unused extra pair of slippers or amenity kits from first/business class as I disembark.”
Noah Rattner uses a larger amenity kit to store his tech products.
Amenity kits double as storage for unused batteries for Bryan C. Solis.
And then, of course, there’s the obvious tactic: “Keep them and use them often. One in purse, one in car, gym bag,” says Elizabeth Marquart.
Feature photo by nadisja / Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees