Predictions for Credit Cards in 2018, Singapore’s New A380 Suites, an Exotic United Route and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
2017 was a big year for credit cardholders, and it’s possible that 2018 could be even better. Do you agree with these major predictions for 2018?
Beginning October 30, 2018 United will begin nonstop service from San Francisco (SFO) to Papeete (PPT) in Tahiti. It will fly three times per week on a seasonal basis with its Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.
This week, TPG Editor-at-Large, Zach Honig was one of the first people to get on board Singapore Airlines’ newest A380. The new first class suites were nothing short of amazing — check them out here.
Hong Kong-based airline Cathay Pacific will add nonstop flights from Hong Kong (HKG) to Washington, DC (IAD), making this the only nonstop option between the two cities, as well as the airline’s longest nonstop route.
Beginning in March 2018, Lufthansa’s Miles & More program will be following in the footsteps of many other carriers worldwide and switching to a revenue-based system. Find out what the change means for you.
First Look Inside The New Qantas Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 3
Get a first look inside Qantas’ brand-new lounge in T3 at London Heathrow airport (LHR). The lounge opening comes before the carrier’s highly-anticipated nonstop flight between LHR and Perth, Australia (PER), which will be the longest flight in the world once it begins.
In addition to its brand-new suites product, Singapore Airlines introduced a new business-class product on its new A380. Check out TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig’s full tour here.
Eurowings, a low-cost subsidiary of Lufthansa, has unveiled a new lie-flat business-class product, which looks almost identical to LH’s current business product.
On the heels of TPG‘s report of the best hotel loyalty programs, we wanted to give readers a chance to weigh in. Here are the full results of our poll. Which program is the best in your eyes?
Norwegian continues to expand its presence in the US and shared that it’s going to be adding more flights between the US and Europe from both New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX).
In other news…
Google Introduces New Features to Help Travelers Plan Smarter
This week Google rolled out improvements to Google Flights, Trips and its hotel search to help travelers with planning getaways. The new features include flights price tips, hotel price tips, hotel price tracking and discount features in Google Trips.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees