Predictions for Credit Cards in 2018, Singapore’s New A380 Suites, an Exotic United Route and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
2017 was a big year for credit cardholders, and it’s possible that 2018 could be even better. Do you agree with these major predictions for 2018?
Beginning October 30, 2018 United will begin nonstop service from San Francisco (SFO) to Papeete (PPT) in Tahiti. It will fly three times per week on a seasonal basis with its Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.
This week, TPG Editor-at-Large, Zach Honig was one of the first people to get on board Singapore Airlines’ newest A380. The new first class suites were nothing short of amazing — check them out here.
Hong Kong-based airline Cathay Pacific will add nonstop flights from Hong Kong (HKG) to Washington, DC (IAD), making this the only nonstop option between the two cities, as well as the airline’s longest nonstop route.
Beginning in March 2018, Lufthansa’s Miles & More program will be following in the footsteps of many other carriers worldwide and switching to a revenue-based system. Find out what the change means for you.
Get a first look inside Qantas’ brand-new lounge in T3 at London Heathrow airport (LHR). The lounge opening comes before the carrier’s highly-anticipated nonstop flight between LHR and Perth, Australia (PER), which will be the longest flight in the world once it begins.
In addition to its brand-new suites product, Singapore Airlines introduced a new business-class product on its new A380. Check out TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig’s full tour here.
Eurowings, a low-cost subsidiary of Lufthansa, has unveiled a new lie-flat business-class product, which looks almost identical to LH’s current business product.
On the heels of TPG‘s report of the best hotel loyalty programs, we wanted to give readers a chance to weigh in. Here are the full results of our poll. Which program is the best in your eyes?
Norwegian continues to expand its presence in the US and shared that it’s going to be adding more flights between the US and Europe from both New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX).
In other news…
Google Introduces New Features to Help Travelers Plan Smarter
This week Google rolled out improvements to Google Flights, Trips and its hotel search to help travelers with planning getaways. The new features include flights price tips, hotel price tips, hotel price tracking and discount features in Google Trips.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.