Marriott’s New Technology Lets You ‘Save’ Your Shower-Door Doodles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve all been there: in between rinsing the shampoo from your hair and giving your conditioner the 60 seconds it really needs to do the job, you come up with an idea that could change then world… then promptly forget what it was by the time you’ve managed to wash all the soap out of your eyes. The folks at Marriott feel your pain — and they’re doing their part to make sure your next big idea doesn’t go out with the bathwater.
In a survey of 5,000 international travelers, Marriott International learned that more than half of business travelers believe they’re hit by a stroke of genius in the shower. Enter the Splash of Brilliance room at the Marriott Irvine, in California, which is outfitted with technology that allows guests to sketch thoughts on the shower door — yep, right there in the steam. Once they’re done doodling, built-in technology captures the creation, which can then be emailed for safekeeping or for sharing on social media.
Splash of Brilliance is the latest, ahem, splashy innovation from Marriott, whose M Beta hotel, in Charlotte, North Carolina, serves as a command center for the brand’s technology R&D. After testing out the Splash of Brilliance in Irvine, Marriott will consider rolling out the technology to additional properties. “We are constantly looking for new ways to use technology to enhance our guest experience,” said Matthew Carroll, Marriott Hotels’ vice president and global brand manager, in a press release.
Check out how the technology works in the video below.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott Hotels.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees