This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve all been there: in between rinsing the shampoo from your hair and giving your conditioner the 60 seconds it really needs to do the job, you come up with an idea that could change then world… then promptly forget what it was by the time you’ve managed to wash all the soap out of your eyes. The folks at Marriott feel your pain — and they’re doing their part to make sure your next big idea doesn’t go out with the bathwater.
In a survey of 5,000 international travelers, Marriott International learned that more than half of business travelers believe they’re hit by a stroke of genius in the shower. Enter the Splash of Brilliance room at the Marriott Irvine, in California, which is outfitted with technology that allows guests to sketch thoughts on the shower door — yep, right there in the steam. Once they’re done doodling, built-in technology captures the creation, which can then be emailed for safekeeping or for sharing on social media.
Splash of Brilliance is the latest, ahem, splashy innovation from Marriott, whose M Beta hotel, in Charlotte, North Carolina, serves as a command center for the brand’s technology R&D. After testing out the Splash of Brilliance in Irvine, Marriott will consider rolling out the technology to additional properties. “We are constantly looking for new ways to use technology to enhance our guest experience,” said Matthew Carroll, Marriott Hotels’ vice president and global brand manager, in a press release.
Check out how the technology works in the video below.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott Hotels.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards