This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve all been there: in between rinsing the shampoo from your hair and giving your conditioner the 60 seconds it really needs to do the job, you come up with an idea that could change then world… then promptly forget what it was by the time you’ve managed to wash all the soap out of your eyes. The folks at Marriott feel your pain — and they’re doing their part to make sure your next big idea doesn’t go out with the bathwater.
In a survey of 5,000 international travelers, Marriott International learned that more than half of business travelers believe they’re hit by a stroke of genius in the shower. Enter the Splash of Brilliance room at the Marriott Irvine, in California, which is outfitted with technology that allows guests to sketch thoughts on the shower door — yep, right there in the steam. Once they’re done doodling, built-in technology captures the creation, which can then be emailed for safekeeping or for sharing on social media.
Splash of Brilliance is the latest, ahem, splashy innovation from Marriott, whose M Beta hotel, in Charlotte, North Carolina, serves as a command center for the brand’s technology R&D. After testing out the Splash of Brilliance in Irvine, Marriott will consider rolling out the technology to additional properties. “We are constantly looking for new ways to use technology to enhance our guest experience,” said Matthew Carroll, Marriott Hotels’ vice president and global brand manager, in a press release.
Check out how the technology works in the video below.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott Hotels.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees