Marriott’s New Technology Lets You ‘Save’ Your Shower-Door Doodles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve all been there: in between rinsing the shampoo from your hair and giving your conditioner the 60 seconds it really needs to do the job, you come up with an idea that could change then world… then promptly forget what it was by the time you’ve managed to wash all the soap out of your eyes. The folks at Marriott feel your pain — and they’re doing their part to make sure your next big idea doesn’t go out with the bathwater.
In a survey of 5,000 international travelers, Marriott International learned that more than half of business travelers believe they’re hit by a stroke of genius in the shower. Enter the Splash of Brilliance room at the Marriott Irvine, in California, which is outfitted with technology that allows guests to sketch thoughts on the shower door — yep, right there in the steam. Once they’re done doodling, built-in technology captures the creation, which can then be emailed for safekeeping or for sharing on social media.
Splash of Brilliance is the latest, ahem, splashy innovation from Marriott, whose M Beta hotel, in Charlotte, North Carolina, serves as a command center for the brand’s technology R&D. After testing out the Splash of Brilliance in Irvine, Marriott will consider rolling out the technology to additional properties. “We are constantly looking for new ways to use technology to enhance our guest experience,” said Matthew Carroll, Marriott Hotels’ vice president and global brand manager, in a press release.
Check out how the technology works in the video below.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott Hotels.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.