Last Chance for Those Named Sydney to Win Tickets to Australia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier in 2017, United announced its plans to launch a new ultra-long-haul route between Houston (IAH) and Sydney (SYD). The new daily service begins on January 18, 2018 and will be the only nonstop service between the two cities. In anticipation of the inaugural flight, United is offering a contest for five US-based “Sydneys” to win a trip to their namesake city with one guest, as well as a five-night stay at The Westin Sydney and a $500 prepaid card.
If you’re a Sydney — or a Sidney, Sidnie, Sidnee, Sidneigh, Sidni, Sydnee, Sydny, Sydni, Sidne, Cydney, Cidney, Cidnie, Cidnee, Cidneigh, Cidni, Cydnee, Cydny, Cydni or a Cydne — today is the last day to enter the contest.
The terms and conditions state that participants must have the first or last name of Sydney and must live in the US, though residents of Florida and New York are excluded. Australians, don’t fret — the airline is offering the same contest for residents bearing the name “Houston” for the return flight on January 20.
Today is the last day to enter — winners will be picked on December 28, 2017. So all (American) Sydneys out there, you only have a couple hours left to enter to win what’s sure to be a memorable trip Down Under.
In addition to Houston, United offers flights to SYD from both LAX and SFO, as well as from Melbourne (MEL) to LAX.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.