Last Chance for Those Named Sydney to Win Tickets to Australia
Earlier in 2017, United announced its plans to launch a new ultra-long-haul route between Houston (IAH) and Sydney (SYD). The new daily service begins on January 18, 2018 and will be the only nonstop service between the two cities. In anticipation of the inaugural flight, United is offering a contest for five US-based “Sydneys” to win a trip to their namesake city with one guest, as well as a five-night stay at The Westin Sydney and a $500 prepaid card.
If you’re a Sydney — or a Sidney, Sidnie, Sidnee, Sidneigh, Sidni, Sydnee, Sydny, Sydni, Sidne, Cydney, Cidney, Cidnie, Cidnee, Cidneigh, Cidni, Cydnee, Cydny, Cydni or a Cydne — today is the last day to enter the contest.
The terms and conditions state that participants must have the first or last name of Sydney and must live in the US, though residents of Florida and New York are excluded. Australians, don’t fret — the airline is offering the same contest for residents bearing the name “Houston” for the return flight on January 20.
Today is the last day to enter — winners will be picked on December 28, 2017. So all (American) Sydneys out there, you only have a couple hours left to enter to win what’s sure to be a memorable trip Down Under.
In addition to Houston, United offers flights to SYD from both LAX and SFO, as well as from Melbourne (MEL) to LAX.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees