This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is offering another one of its famous flash sales — this time in the form of offering 15% off base airfare to all destinations in its route network. As part of the two-day sale, you must book by December 13, 2017.
In order to score the discount, you must enter the promo code RECESS by booking at jetblue.com/promo. The eligible travel dates are between January 10 and February 14, and between February 26 and March 14, 2018. As you’ll notice, there are blackout dates from February 15 through February 25.
Keep in mind that the RECESS promo code is subject to limited availability and is only good while supplies lasts. The 15% discount on base airfare is good for both one-way and round-trip travel, but it does exclude departures on Fridays and Sundays. In addition, the discount is not valid for JetBlue Vacations packages, Mint fares, award flights and taxes and fees.
Although it’s valid for only new bookings during the set travel period, there is the opportunity for some pretty good savings. For example, you can book round-trip travel from New York (EWR) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $73 — that’s with a $7 discount on the base airfare.
Don’t forget that in order to get your 15% discount, you must book at jetblue.com/promo and enter the code RECESS. If you’ve been looking to book a trip with JetBlue, you might as well do so during this flash sale to save some cash on your next flight.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees