This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
JetBlue’s offering a one day only sale, with fares as low as $38 one-way and $76 round-trip. You can save big by booking as part of The Hot Cocoa, Fares Loco Sale. To take advantage, book by the end of December 19 at 11:59pm ET or local time. Travel must be completed between January 10 and February 14, 2018, or between February 26 and March 14, 2018.
There are a number of cities included in this flash sale, so it’ll be best to check out JetBlue’s page. The best way to find availability is to search Google Flights for the routes and dates and then click through to JetBlue’s website to book. Act quick! These fares won’t last long — they’ll be available for Tuesday only.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $38+ one-way, $76+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January 10 — February 14, 2018 and February 26 — March 14, 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $38 one-way:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for 1,800 points + $5.60 one-way:
San Francisco (SFO) to Long Beach (LGB) for $38 one-way:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos (PLS) for $53 one-way:
Orlando (MCO) to Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) for $68 one-way:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $76 round-trip:
Detroit (DTW) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $86 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Atlanta (ATL) for $96 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Boston (BOS) for $96 round-trip:
Washington, DC (DCA) to Charleston (CHS) for $96 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Orlando (MCO) for $116 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Albuquerque (ABQ) for $132 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos (PLS) for $183 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees