Check Out an Etihad A380 Perform a Flyover in Formation With Fighter Jets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The United Arab Emirates is the land of the A380, with both Emirates and Etihad operating a total of 111 super jumbos. Although Etihad only operates 10 of those, they do have some of most unique products including the luxurious first class apartment and the insane multi-room residence.
Etihad decided to show off the exterior of its aircraft this time, with an epic A380 flyover in formation with the Al Fursan Aerobatic Display Team. Al Fursan (Arabic for “Knights”) is part of the UAE Air Force and performs aerial stunts around the globe.
The flyover occurred in late November at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and showed all the aircraft in their glory. While the A380 steadily cruises about 1,500 feet above ground, the fleet of seven Aermacchi MB-339 fly just below the massive passenger jet spewing the colors of the Emirati flag out of their tails. Watch the video below:
Featured image courtesy of Etihad.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.