Emirates Launches Its New First-Class Suites on New Route to London Stansted
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates’ new first-class suite is incredible and one of the best hard products flying in the sky right now. And soon, Emirates will begin flying it to a destination that it already serves — but to a different airport. As of June 8, 2018, Emirates will begin nonstop service between Dubai (DXB) and London Stansted (STN) with its new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, equipped with the stunning first-class suite.
The Dubai-based carrier already serves London Heathrow (LHR) and London Gatwick (LGW), so there’s no shortage of nonstop options between the two cities. In fact, all 6x daily flights to LHR and the 3x daily flights to LGW are operated by A380s. The new DXB-STN route, which was announced on Wednesday, will operate daily on the following schedule:
- EK33 Dubai (DXB) 9:30am Departure ⇒ London (STN) 2:10pm Arrival
- EK34 London (STN) 9:10pm Departure ⇒ Dubai (DXB) 7:05am (+1) Arrival
“Opening the London Stansted gateway was a strategic decision by Emirates to serve the thriving business community in London’s north east and the wider 7.5 million population that fall within its catchment area,” said Emirates in the announcement.
Clearly there’s a lot of demand from Dubai to London, which doesn’t make the decision to add STN to its route network all that surprising. With open slots hard to come by at LHR, Emirates is clearly trying bypass the congestion at the airport and add another London option to its network. With the addition, the only London airports that Emirates does not serve are Luton (LTN), City (LCY) and Southend (SEN). Emirates will be the first Middle Eastern carrier to operate out of Stansted, the same airport that’s low-cost carrier Ryanair’s home base along with Dublin.
Emirates’ 777-300ERs featuring the new suites are equipped with three cabins: first, business and economy. Economy has 310 seats in a 3-4-3 configuration, with 32 inches of pitch and 17 inches of width. Business class has 42 seats, unfortunately arranged in a 2-3-2 configuration, with each seats at 60 inches of pitch and 20.5 inches of width, but with a middle seat and no direct aisle access for all seats. Finally, the highlight of the aircraft is the first-class cabin, which is composed of eight seats in a 1-2-1 configuration. You really have to see it to believe it — check out Zach Honig’s review.
Tickets are now available to purchase on this new route. We’re seeing round-trip fares in June for AED 2,665 (~$726) in economy. Alternatively, you can use miles to book this itinerary. There seems to be some decent availability in business class, but no first class availability.
Overall, this is an interesting choice from Emirates — and good news for travelers. Because STN is smaller and less congested, it should be easier to get around and make for a less hectic experience, especially when compared to LHR. If you have the opportunity, the new first-class cabin is one that you should not pass up. It already flies to Brussels (BRU) and Geneva (GVA).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees