Delta Passenger Faces Federal Charges for Biting Flight Attendants
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just call Ires Alves Pereira “the Biter From Brazil.”
The inebriated 40-year-old dual Brazilian-American citizen was on a flight from Sao Paulo (GRU) to New York (JFK) on Monday when she suddenly punched her seatmate in the face, then took the brawl into the aisle of the plane. When three flight attendants tried to restrain her, according to court documents, she bit them. An unlucky passenger assisting the crew was rewarded with one of her feet to the face, breaking his glasses.
Eventually, passengers managed to get the Manhattan resident back in her seat, where they restrained her until the plane landed in New York. Three flight attendants were treated at a New York hospital.
According to the New York Post, Pereira appeared, outfitted with Louis Vuitton luggage and Chanel handbag, at federal court in Brooklyn on Wednesday. There, she was formally charged with assault and other crimes. She was released on bond and reportedly thanked court officers for providing her with bacon sandwiches while in detention, but refused to answer questions from reporters present.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees