Delta Passenger Faces Federal Charges for Biting Flight Attendants
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just call Ires Alves Pereira “the Biter From Brazil.”
The inebriated 40-year-old dual Brazilian-American citizen was on a flight from Sao Paulo (GRU) to New York (JFK) on Monday when she suddenly punched her seatmate in the face, then took the brawl into the aisle of the plane. When three flight attendants tried to restrain her, according to court documents, she bit them. An unlucky passenger assisting the crew was rewarded with one of her feet to the face, breaking his glasses.
Eventually, passengers managed to get the Manhattan resident back in her seat, where they restrained her until the plane landed in New York. Three flight attendants were treated at a New York hospital.
According to the New York Post, Pereira appeared, outfitted with Louis Vuitton luggage and Chanel handbag, at federal court in Brooklyn on Wednesday. There, she was formally charged with assault and other crimes. She was released on bond and reportedly thanked court officers for providing her with bacon sandwiches while in detention, but refused to answer questions from reporters present.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.