Deal Alert: US Cities to Iceland From $199 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
WOW Air, the Icelandic low-cost carrier, is offering cheap flights from the US to Iceland with fares starting at just $199 round-trip. You can fly from Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Newark (EWR), Pittsburgh (PIT) and San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF).
WOW is a budget airline so if you want to check a bag or choose your seat you’ll have to pay extra for it. Exact availability depends on where you’re originating from, but we’re seeing low fares for departures from January through March 2018. Use Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book directly with the airline.
Airlines: WOW Air
Routes: BOS/BWI//EWR/LAX/MIA/PIT/SFO/ORD to KEF
Cost: $199+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January – March 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia or WOW
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $199 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $200 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $200 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $230 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $230 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $250 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $250 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees