Deal Alert: US Cities to Paris From $386 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Fares to Paris are on sale, but you might have to do some digging to find the best prices. Right now, if you take advantage of the AARP discount for British Airways, you can get from the US to Paris on full service carriers for just $386 round-trip. We are seeing flight from San Francisco (SFO) and Newark (EWR) to Paris for below $400. And if you’re a United flyer you can fly nonstop from San Francisco to Paris for $429 round-trip.
The cheapest flights are available in April and May and some other scattered times throughout the year, but it might take some clicking around to see which dates are eligible for the discounted fares. To search for these fares, go directly to the BA AARP page. Although, it may be easier if you search on Google Flights first for Oneworld carriers’ flights and then plug in the cheapest dates into the BA AARP page. For United, just use Google Flights to search and book directly with the airline.
Airlines: Aer Lingus, American Airlines, United
Routes: SFO, EWR to CDG
Cost: $386+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January 2017 – May 2018
Booking Link: BA’s AARP page or Google Flights
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
There are tons of options, but here are just a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Paris (CDG) nonstop for $386 round-trip with AerLingus in April:
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) for $388 round-trip with American and Aer Lingus in May:
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) nonstop for $429 round-trip with United in May:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured Image courtesy of Vincent Fargeix Photographie via Paris Tourisme’s Facebook Page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees