Deal Alert: US and Canada to Egypt From $529 Round-Trip
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We haven’t seen a deal to Egypt in several months, but if traveling to the land of pyramids and the Nile River piques your interest, today you’ll find some great prices on Royal Jordanian to Cairo (CAI) from New York’s JFK and Chicago (ORD) in the US and Montreal (YUL) in Canada for as little as $529 round-trip.
These airfares are available from January through early May. Keep in mind Royal Jordanian doesn’t fly daily to and from the US, so you’ll have to find a date with service from your departure city. You can use Google Flights to pick the dates you want, but you won’t be able to use the Google Flights calendar like you usually can when searching for airfares because Royal Jordanian prices don’t automatically populate, so you might want to use the airline’s own search calendar at rj.com. Either way, once you have your dates, you can book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline itself.
These itineraries all have one reasonable stop in Amman, Jordan (AMM) in each direction. Even better, Royal Jordanian flies its Boeing 787 between Amman and the US and Canada, so the majority of your trip will be on the carrier’s Dreamliner. You can also find options with overnights in Amman if you want to make a short visit.
Be aware that the US State Department currently has a travel advisory in place for Egypt, warning US citizens to “consider the risks of travel to Egypt due to threats from terrorist and violent political opposition groups,” so be conscious of your surroundings and stay aware if you decide to travel to Egypt.
Airline: Royal Jordanian
Routes: JFK/ORD/YUL to CAI
Cost: $529+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January-May 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or with Royal Jordanian directly
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York’s JFK to Cairo, Egypt (CAI) in January for $529 round-trip via Orbitz:
Chicago (ORD) to Cairo, Egypt (CAI) in February for $529 round-trip via Orbitz:
Montreal, Canada (YUL) to Cairo, Egypt (CAI) in March for $601 round-trip via Orbitz:
New York’s JFK to Cairo, Egypt (CAI) in April for $529 round-trip via Orbitz:
Chicago (ORD) to Cairo, Egypt (CAI) in May for $529 round-trip via Orbitz:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below.
H/T: The Flight Deal
Featured image by WitR / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees