10 of the Craziest Travel Products We’ve Seen All Year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve seen a lot of crazy travel products come and go over the years. Between random travel apps (hello, Take Me Home, I’m Wasted) to ridiculous carry-on items (an axe gun, really?), we’ve seen it all. But this year, there are even wackier items to add to the list. Here, 10 of the most random travel products we’ve seen in 2017.
Back in September, we talked about the Australian company Petflair, who not only makes customized beachwear (starting at $59), but beachwear with your pet’s face on it. Men and women have their own swimsuits to choose from (think: a Speedo for the guys and a one-piece for the girls) in addition to beach bags and towels, giving you the option to always travel with your best friend.
2. Purple Seat Cushion
Are long flights a total pain in your butt? Well, not anymore thanks to the Purple Seat Cushion ($79). Made with Hyper-Elastic Polymer™ and created in a unique grid design, this seat might look silly (it is bright purple after all) but offers ultimate comfort that comes in a variety of sizes to fit all rumps.
3. The Carry On Cocktail Kit: Champagne Cocktail
The next time you’re in the mood for something bubbly while flying, make it yourself. The Carry On Cocktail Kit ($24) comes with elderflower syrup, a jigger, bar spoon and recipe to follow so you can master Champagne drinks with ease.
When you’re running around the city and need a bathroom break quick, the Rockaloo app (pay per use, starting at $.99) has you covered. According to Time Out, this handy app lets you purchase “a pass to bathrooms at private businesses,” which locates the nearest restrooms for you to pop in without ever standing in a long line again.
5. The Travel Pillow
A pillow that not only helps your posture but contorts to your individual sleep position? Sure, The Travel Pillow looks a little creepy with its gigantic hands, but LADbible says it offers some of the best hugs a person could ever ask for.
6. Groove Ring
Leave the fancy engagement ring home the next time you travel and instead slip on the Groove Ring (starting at $29.95) from Groove Life. Made of durable and flexible silicone material (and available in a wide range of colors and prints), this ring (which can also be monogrammed) is dedicated to those outdoor travelers who want to stay fashionable while getting their hands dirty.
Move over Siri, Fin is the new personal assistant in town. An on-demand service used straight from your phone, this baby can do anything from drafting a new email to booking your next big trip. With two different monthly plans starting at $25, you can choose which assistant is best for you, depending on what you use it for and how often.
8. Tugo Drink Holder
If only you had more free hands when you travel … just think how much more stuff you could bring. With the Tugo Drink Holder ($9.95) you can keep your coffee or water bottle securely between your luggage handles, freeing up your hands while shopping at the airport.
9. Banana Box
What’s worse than a squished banana inside your carry-on? Nada. Travel + Leisure says you don’t have to worry about that anymore thanks to Banana Box ($3.35). Hard plastic in the shape of — you guessed it — a bright yellow banana, keep your fruit protected throughout your travels with this handy case.
Zip through the airport lines with ease on a Modobag ($1,395). This motorized luggage, complete with handlebar and brakes, allows you to take a seat and scoot your way to your terminal like a pro. And when you don’t want to show off, you can always revert to using the handle.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.