10 of the Craziest Travel Products We’ve Seen All Year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve seen a lot of crazy travel products come and go over the years. Between random travel apps (hello, Take Me Home, I’m Wasted) to ridiculous carry-on items (an axe gun, really?), we’ve seen it all. But this year, there are even wackier items to add to the list. Here, 10 of the most random travel products we’ve seen in 2017.
Back in September, we talked about the Australian company Petflair, who not only makes customized beachwear (starting at $59), but beachwear with your pet’s face on it. Men and women have their own swimsuits to choose from (think: a Speedo for the guys and a one-piece for the girls) in addition to beach bags and towels, giving you the option to always travel with your best friend.
2. Purple Seat Cushion
Are long flights a total pain in your butt? Well, not anymore thanks to the Purple Seat Cushion ($79). Made with Hyper-Elastic Polymer™ and created in a unique grid design, this seat might look silly (it is bright purple after all) but offers ultimate comfort that comes in a variety of sizes to fit all rumps.
3. The Carry On Cocktail Kit: Champagne Cocktail
The next time you’re in the mood for something bubbly while flying, make it yourself. The Carry On Cocktail Kit ($24) comes with elderflower syrup, a jigger, bar spoon and recipe to follow so you can master Champagne drinks with ease.
When you’re running around the city and need a bathroom break quick, the Rockaloo app (pay per use, starting at $.99) has you covered. According to Time Out, this handy app lets you purchase “a pass to bathrooms at private businesses,” which locates the nearest restrooms for you to pop in without ever standing in a long line again.
5. The Travel Pillow
A pillow that not only helps your posture but contorts to your individual sleep position? Sure, The Travel Pillow looks a little creepy with its gigantic hands, but LADbible says it offers some of the best hugs a person could ever ask for.
6. Groove Ring
Leave the fancy engagement ring home the next time you travel and instead slip on the Groove Ring (starting at $29.95) from Groove Life. Made of durable and flexible silicone material (and available in a wide range of colors and prints), this ring (which can also be monogrammed) is dedicated to those outdoor travelers who want to stay fashionable while getting their hands dirty.
Move over Siri, Fin is the new personal assistant in town. An on-demand service used straight from your phone, this baby can do anything from drafting a new email to booking your next big trip. With two different monthly plans starting at $25, you can choose which assistant is best for you, depending on what you use it for and how often.
8. Tugo Drink Holder
If only you had more free hands when you travel … just think how much more stuff you could bring. With the Tugo Drink Holder ($9.95) you can keep your coffee or water bottle securely between your luggage handles, freeing up your hands while shopping at the airport.
9. Banana Box
What’s worse than a squished banana inside your carry-on? Nada. Travel + Leisure says you don’t have to worry about that anymore thanks to Banana Box ($3.35). Hard plastic in the shape of — you guessed it — a bright yellow banana, keep your fruit protected throughout your travels with this handy case.
Zip through the airport lines with ease on a Modobag ($1,395). This motorized luggage, complete with handlebar and brakes, allows you to take a seat and scoot your way to your terminal like a pro. And when you don’t want to show off, you can always revert to using the handle.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees