Ring in 2018 Twice in One Night With a Private Jet Flight From Sydney to Honolulu
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s your chance to ring in 2018 twice in one night — all courtesy of a private jet. Charter company PrivateFly is offering the chance to book a one-way flight from Sydney (SYD) to Honolulu (HNL) on board a Gulfstream G650ER long range private jet. But in order to celebrate New Year’s Eve twice — once in Sydney and again in Honolulu — be prepared to pay a small fortune for the trip.
Because Honolulu is 21 hours behind Sydney, PrivateFly has scheduled the flight to depart just in time to be able to fully celebrate the new year in both destinations. You’ll depart from Sydney at 2:00am local time on January 1, and arrive in Honolulu on December 31 at 3:40pm. You can charter the entire 13-seat plane for $290,000 for the nearly 10-hour flight, or make your friends pay their own way for a price tag of $22,300 per person.
Once on board, you can expect to find all the necessities for a proper New Year’s Eve bash, including fine wines, an entertainment system, catering, Champagne and service from a private flight attendant. Or, if you feel the need to get a little rest after the excitement of New Year’s Eve Sydney, and then freshen up before the thrill of New Year’s Eve Honolulu, the G650ER is equipped with a double bed and shower with digital controls.
The company offered a similar flight to ring in 2017 — however, its final destination was Los Angeles instead of Honolulu. With this year’s itinerary, you’ll get more time in Hawaii before the clock strikes midnight since you arrive at 3:40pm. So if you’ve got a few extra hundred thousand dollars burning a hole in your pocket and you’re interested in testing out what this once-in-a-lifetime celebration is like, call PrivateFly at +44 (0)20 7100 6960.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees