Today Only: Earn 6 AAdvantage Miles per Dollar on Apple Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is making it easier to earn bonus AAdvantage miles when you buy gadgets for your loved ones. For today only, you can earn 6 miles per dollar spent on select Apple purchases made through the portal.
In order to be eligible for the one-day only elevated offer, you must make your eligible Apple purchases through the AAdvantage shopping portal. According to the terms and conditions, the iMac Pro, iPhone X and Apple TV 4K are not eligible for this offer. Note that unlike Apple elevations in the past, the Apple Watch Series 3 is eligible for bonus miles. In addition, the terms state that some newly released products may not be eligible. Other products that aren’t eligible include gift cards, gift wrap services, Bose products and expedited shipping.
These bonuses are great — especially for a store that doesn’t offer elevated offers this high or that often. For example, if you purchase an Apple Watch Series 3 for $399, an iPad Pro for $799 and a set of AirPods for $159, you’d earn 8,142 AAdvantage miles, which are worth $114 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award — especially during this holiday shopping season. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase — especially an Apple purchase — be sure to do it through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles. Act quick, however, as this elevation is for today only.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees