Amex Is Targeting Platinum Cardholders for 10,000 Bonus Points After 10 Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
American Express is targeting some cardholders of the Platinum Card from American Express with the opportunity to earn 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points. The issuer is sending out emails to targeted Platinum cardholders with a great offer to earn 10,000 bonus MR points after making 10 purchases with your card.
Even if you didn’t receive an email that you were targeted, there’s a public landing page where you can enter your Amex info to manually see if you were targeted. Some users on Reddit reported that they never received an email but were able to register for the offer on the public landing page. So, even if you didn’t receive an email, this could be worth checking out.
According to the terms and conditions, you must register for the promotion by December 31, 2017, if you were targeted. In order to get the 10,000 bonus points, you must make the 10 purchases with your Platinum Card by January 31, 2018. Eligible purchases can be made by both the primary cardholder and any additional cardholders on a single account. There’s no minimum purchase amount, so really you could make 10 separate grocery purchases and meet the minimum 10-purchase requirement — they just must be separate transactions.
Overall, this is a really nice promotion from American Express. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 10,000 bonus points are worth $190, so you’re getting a nice return by using your card for these purchases. In addition, you’ll receive the bonus points from each purchase. As a reminder, the Platinum Card earns 5x points on airfare booked directly with the airline or Amex Travel, 5x points on hotel bookings made through amextravel.com and 1x points on everything else.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®. And if you fly, you can receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year after you select a qualifying airline and incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax. Plus Ups are excluded.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $189 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $189 back per year on your CLEAR® membership. CLEAR® is available at select airports and stadiums.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees