Amex Is Targeting Platinum Cardholders for 10,000 Bonus Points After 10 Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
American Express is targeting some cardholders of the Platinum Card from American Express with the opportunity to earn 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points. The issuer is sending out emails to targeted Platinum cardholders with a great offer to earn 10,000 bonus MR points after making 10 purchases with your card.
Even if you didn’t receive an email that you were targeted, there’s a public landing page where you can enter your Amex info to manually see if you were targeted. Some users on Reddit reported that they never received an email but were able to register for the offer on the public landing page. So, even if you didn’t receive an email, this could be worth checking out.
According to the terms and conditions, you must register for the promotion by December 31, 2017, if you were targeted. In order to get the 10,000 bonus points, you must make the 10 purchases with your Platinum Card by January 31, 2018. Eligible purchases can be made by both the primary cardholder and any additional cardholders on a single account. There’s no minimum purchase amount, so really you could make 10 separate grocery purchases and meet the minimum 10-purchase requirement — they just must be separate transactions.
Overall, this is a really nice promotion from American Express. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 10,000 bonus points are worth $190, so you’re getting a nice return by using your card for these purchases. In addition, you’ll receive the bonus points from each purchase. As a reminder, the Platinum Card earns 5x points on airfare booked directly with the airline or Amex Travel, 5x points on hotel bookings made through amextravel.com and 1x points on everything else.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees