Earn Bonus American Miles on Holiday Shopping Portal Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is offering AAdvantage members who use its shopping portal the opportunity to earn bonus miles during the holiday shopping season. Between Friday, December 1, and Sunday, December 17, at 11:59pm ET, you can earn up to 1,500 bonus miles on your shopping purchases through the AAdvantage shopping portal with its “Last Minute Holiday Bonus” promotion.
Here’s how it works: The more you spend through the AAdvantage shopping portal during the promotional period, the more bonus miles you’ll earn.
- If you spend $150, you’ll earn 500 bonus miles
- If you spend $300, you’ll earn 1,500 bonus miles.
These bonuses of 500 or 1,500 miles are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent through the shopping portal. The number of bonus miles you earn will depend on the cumulative total of purchases you make during the promotional period. So, if you make seven purchases of $50 each, all during the promotional period, you’ll get the 1,500 bonus AAdvantage miles. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those 1,500 bonus miles are worth $21 — a pretty good return on your holiday purchases.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles.
Photo by Eva Katalin Kondoros / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees