Eight Sneak Peeks of Colorful Palm Springs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Probably like most other business travelers, when I travel to conferences or meetings, I don’t always get out of the hotel very much. For conferences like the one I was at last week, I usually don’t pick the destination or the hotel, and instead just fly in, do my job, squeeze in online work where possible, and then fly home to get back to my family as quickly as possible. My boarding pass my say I’m going somewhere cool, but in reality, it could be Anywhere, USA, because I don’t always get out and enjoy where I am on a quick work trip. I have a feeling that is a common pitfall for work travelers everywhere, especially when there is a family waiting for you to quickly get home as soon as your work is complete.
However, the conference last week wasn’t in Anywhere, USA, it was in Palm Springs, California, and there was no way I wasn’t going to at least see a little bit of this famous city on my first visit to the area. I didn’t do a great job getting out as much as I wished I could have, but I still enjoyed every free moment in colorful Palm Springs.
I’ll do a full write-up soon, but for now, here are a few snapshots from a pretty magical spot in the desert. Thanks to its location, proximity to Los Angeles, and micro-climate, Palm Springs has a fascinating history, and I very much hope to return when we have more time to get out and enjoy the city, the architecture, the people, and the surrounding mountains.
If you follow me on Instagram, you have probably seen many of these shots, but they were so fun to experience first-hand that I have to share them again here in the hopes that they might inspire someone to include Palm Springs on a trip out west. I know I want my girls to see the fiery sunsets, enjoy the warm dry air, and see the abundance of mid-century modern buildings…especially the ones painted with rainbows, their favorite!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees