Eight Sneak Peeks of Colorful Palm Springs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Probably like most other business travelers, when I travel to conferences or meetings, I don’t always get out of the hotel very much. For conferences like the one I was at last week, I usually don’t pick the destination or the hotel, and instead just fly in, do my job, squeeze in online work where possible, and then fly home to get back to my family as quickly as possible. My boarding pass my say I’m going somewhere cool, but in reality, it could be Anywhere, USA, because I don’t always get out and enjoy where I am on a quick work trip. I have a feeling that is a common pitfall for work travelers everywhere, especially when there is a family waiting for you to quickly get home as soon as your work is complete.
However, the conference last week wasn’t in Anywhere, USA, it was in Palm Springs, California, and there was no way I wasn’t going to at least see a little bit of this famous city on my first visit to the area. I didn’t do a great job getting out as much as I wished I could have, but I still enjoyed every free moment in colorful Palm Springs.
I’ll do a full write-up soon, but for now, here are a few snapshots from a pretty magical spot in the desert. Thanks to its location, proximity to Los Angeles, and micro-climate, Palm Springs has a fascinating history, and I very much hope to return when we have more time to get out and enjoy the city, the architecture, the people, and the surrounding mountains.
If you follow me on Instagram, you have probably seen many of these shots, but they were so fun to experience first-hand that I have to share them again here in the hopes that they might inspire someone to include Palm Springs on a trip out west. I know I want my girls to see the fiery sunsets, enjoy the warm dry air, and see the abundance of mid-century modern buildings…especially the ones painted with rainbows, their favorite!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.