A Look Back at TPG’s 2017 Philanthropic Efforts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As 2017 draws to a close, there’s no better time than now to reflect on the year that was. In terms of charitable giving, 2017 was The Points Guy’s best year ever. As a company, TPG has donated more than $500,000 and millions of miles to charities ranging from hurricane relief to getting members of the LGBTQ out of life-threatening conditions and to safety.
Philanthropy is a huge part of the culture at The Points Guy. Each year, we look to expand our donations and the organizations that are doing amazing work. At the end of the day, the points and miles we earn can be used for so much more than premium travel experiences for ourselves. That’s why we’re committed to using those same points and miles — and cash! — to do good.
Here’s a look back at some of the philanthropic highlights from 2017:
- GlobalGiving for Hurricane Harvey Relief
- Goalkeepers (part of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)
- Housing Works
- Human Rights Campaign
- Puerto Rico Relief (including from profits from the TPG Shop)
- Rainbow Railroad
With how much of a success 2017 has been in terms of giving, we’re incredibly excited to kick 2018 off with a bang. The first week of January, the TPG team will head to Puerto Rico. Following the devastating damage caused by Hurricane Maria, the island is in desperate need of help to get back on its feet. One area that hits especially close to home for TPG is the tourism industry. Because Puerto Rico’s economy relies so heavily on tourism, the tourist attractions need some help to get back at their pre-storm levels. We’ve teamed up with the Puerto Rico tourism board to help rebuild some of the tourism attractions on the island.
In 2018, we’re hoping to beat 2017 in terms of amount donated — cash and points and miles — and the organizations to which we donate. We want to get you, our readers, to get more involved. In 2018, we aim to let you know about any opportunities for you to donate your points and miles or cash to help create good in our communities and around the world. Additionally, we’d like to sincerely thank you for supporting TPG so we can continue to support such amazing causes.
Happy New Year, and thank you for your generosity in 2017! We look forward to continue giving in 2018.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.