TripIt Updates Its iPad App for Travelers On the Go
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Traveling app TripIt just issued an update for travelers who rely on their iPad. TripIt, which says it is the highest-rated travel-organizing app, organizes all travel plans in one place. Users simply forward travel confirmations to TripIt and, from there, they will create a master itinerary with all travel details in one place. The update will have a new look and feel, and the new features make it even easier to plan how you will get around once you reach your destination.
“Travel can be stressful, especially when you’re planning a trip and trying to figure out where to go—and how to get there,” said Jen Moyse, director of product at TripIt. “We’ve focused on refreshing our iPad app to adapt to the way you travel. Next time you’re on your iPad powering through emails, researching the best places to go or organizing your calendar, TripIt can help you keep track of it all,” Moyse said in a press release.
Updates include the Drag-and-Drop feature on the iPad. This allows users to drag and drop items from the Calendar, Maps, Safari, Contacts and Photos apps into their TripIt account. For instance, if travelers are searching for a restaurant or another point of interest in Maps, using the iPad’s multitasking mode, users simply drag the item into TripIt, where it will be added to your plans instantly.
The app now has all the capabilities that were once only available on the iPhone. iPad users can now get where they’re going faster using the Navigator tool. Additionally, users can find ATMs and other points of interest while using the Nearby Places feature in the app.
TripIt has also partnered with AirHelp, a company that helps travelers claim compensation for lengthy delays or cancellations that happen on eligible flights in the European Union. TripIt will email users if their flight is eligible for compensation. From there, they will help them file a claim, and AirHelp will take over from there.
iOS 9 or higher is required to access the new iPad update. To use the new drag-and-drop feature, users must have an iPad with iOS 11.
Images courtesy of TripIt
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.