This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you a fan of Marriott hotels? Well, make sure that you’re getting points for telling the world about your favorite hotel brand. Marriott Rewards has an ongoing “Reward a Friend” referral program which allows members to earn up to 50,000 points per calendar year for referring new members to stay with Marriott.
The only catch is that the referral points are awarded based on the number of stays by those you refer to the program. You’ll get 2,000 per stay per member that you refer, up to five stays per referred member for up to five new members. In addition, the person you refer will also get 2,000 per stay for their first five stays within the first 365 days of enrolling.
This means you’re going to want to be a bit strategic about your referrals. If you get 10 people to sign up and each completes two stays, you’re only going to end up with 20,000 points. Instead, you’re going to want to find five new members that have the potential to stay at least five times each. It seems that Marriott will only count your first five referrals of the calendar year.
To get started, click here to load the invite page. Enter the email addresses for those that you want to refer as well as your first name, last name, email address and Marriott Rewards number. Complete the Recaptcha challenge and click “Send Invites.” You’ll get a confirmation message when the invitations have been successfully sent.
A few terms and conditions to keep in mind:
- Stays your referrals make at any participating Marriott hotel qualify, and must be made within 365 days of enrollment.
- New members must sign up through the Reward a Friend channels and provide their sponsor’s name and Marriott Rewards account number. Channels include http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/reward-a-friend.mi or by calling Customer Support at 800-450-4442 in the US and Canada and referencing the Reward a Friend program.
- New members who join through the Reward a Friend program must designate Marriott Rewards points as their earning preference. Miles earning preference is not an option with the Reward a Friend program.
Based on current TPG valuations, the 50,000 maximum points you can earn per calendar year from this promotion are worth $450. Not shabby. So, this program is certainly worth looking into how you can maximize it.
Featured image by Marriott Bangkok.
Now that Marriott and Starwood have joined forces, you can transfer your points between the two programs depending on what makes the most sense for you. Each year after your anniversary date, this card will earn you 1 complimentary night stay at a category 1-5 location and you will earn 15 Elite Credits that will guarantee you at least Silver Elite Status.
- Earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $85.
- Enjoy 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year after your account anniversary date!
- Earn unlimited Marriott Rewards points and get Free Night Stays faster
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Rewards & SPG hotels
- 2 points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants. Plus 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else
- The fastest way to earn Marriott Rewards Elite Status. Receive 15 Elite Credits guaranteeing Silver Elite Status or better.