This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starbucks and Spotify are partnering to give you the perfect way to combine your caffeine and music addictions. For a limited time, you can register to get Spotify’s Premium service for 60 days, as well as 125 Starbucks Rewards Stars — all for free.
Through November 16, 2017, or while supplies last, you can sign up at this website to get a free 60-day trial of Spotify Premium. After the 60-day period is up, you’ll be charged at a rate of $9.99 per month thereafter. Also, three days after you sign up for the promotion, you’ll receive a Star Code from Starbucks via email, which you can redeem for 125 Stars.
This offer is available only for those who haven’t already tried Spotify Premium or Unlimited, and it’s also not available to those who’ve already completed a trial (excluding the seven-day option). Once you sign up for the Spotify trial, you should receive an email within three days with your Star Code and instructions on how to redeem. If you haven’t received it three days after signing up, contact Spotify customer service. In addition, after the 60-day period, your Premium subscription will automatically renew for $9.99/month until you cancel.
Spotify Premium is a great streaming option for travelers. The subscription allows you to download music so you can listen to it anywhere you go — even at 35,000 feet when you’re in airplane mode. In addition, there are no ads, you have unlimited skips and the option to play any song you want.
The 125 Stars from Starbucks are a great bonus as well. With the Starbucks Rewards program, you typically earn 2 Stars per dollar spent with Starbucks. After you reach 300 Stars, you’ll get Starbucks Gold status, which gives you a free birthday reward, free in-store refills, member events and offers, monthly double-Star days, a personalized gold card and a reward for every 125 Stars.
This is a pretty great offer from Spotify and Starbucks. If you’re eligible, both the Spotify Premium service and bonus Starbucks Stars are certainly valuable. It’ll be better to act sooner than later, as the offer expires as soon as 110,000 offers have been claimed or on November 16 — whichever comes first.
Featured image by Hero Images / Getty Images.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees