Early Black Friday Deal: Get 40% Off Your Next Silvercar Rental
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Silvercar is offering customers a chance to get an early start on scoring Black Friday deals. As part of this sale, you can get a 40% discount on bookings made by November 28.
In order to get the discount, you must rent between November 26 and December 20, 2017. You have to pick up and drop off your rental car in between that period in order to be eligible for the discount. To take advantage, enter the promo code SILVERSALE during the booking process and the 40% savings will be deducted from your total.
For those not familiar, Silvercar, which was acquired by Audi earlier this year, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a pretty tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s through its app. Plus, each of the cars comes with complimentary GPS, Wi-Fi, satellite radio and fair toll pricing. If you elect to have the gas tank filled upon drop off, you’ll be charged market price in addition to a $5 fill-up fee. Note that if you haven’t used Silvercar yet, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the code BKELLY1.
TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. As a reminder, Silvercar is available in the following 17 locations: Austin (AUS), Chicago (ORD), Dallas Love Field (DAL), Denver (DEN), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Miami – South Beach (Mondrian South Beach), Newark (EWR), NYC – Brooklyn (McCarren Hotel & Pool), Brooklyn Downtown, NYC – Manhattan (River Place at W. 42), Orlando (MCO), Phoenix (PHX), San Francisco (SFO) and Seattle (SEA).
This discount is a great way to save some cash — especially during the holiday season. Unforunately, the car must be picked up and returned between November 26 and December 20, so there are some peak holiday dates excluded. However, the 40% discount could save you some cash and help you escape on a winter getaway. Keep in mind that you must book by November 28 and enter the code SILVERSALE in order to get the discount. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
Featured image by Silvercar.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.