Early Black Friday Deal: Get 40% Off Your Next Silvercar Rental
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Silvercar is offering customers a chance to get an early start on scoring Black Friday deals. As part of this sale, you can get a 40% discount on bookings made by November 28.
In order to get the discount, you must rent between November 26 and December 20, 2017. You have to pick up and drop off your rental car in between that period in order to be eligible for the discount. To take advantage, enter the promo code SILVERSALE during the booking process and the 40% savings will be deducted from your total.
For those not familiar, Silvercar, which was acquired by Audi earlier this year, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a pretty tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s through its app. Plus, each of the cars comes with complimentary GPS, Wi-Fi, satellite radio and fair toll pricing. If you elect to have the gas tank filled upon drop off, you’ll be charged market price in addition to a $5 fill-up fee. Note that if you haven’t used Silvercar yet, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the code BKELLY1.
TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. As a reminder, Silvercar is available in the following 17 locations: Austin (AUS), Chicago (ORD), Dallas Love Field (DAL), Denver (DEN), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Miami – South Beach (Mondrian South Beach), Newark (EWR), NYC – Brooklyn (McCarren Hotel & Pool), Brooklyn Downtown, NYC – Manhattan (River Place at W. 42), Orlando (MCO), Phoenix (PHX), San Francisco (SFO) and Seattle (SEA).
This discount is a great way to save some cash — especially during the holiday season. Unforunately, the car must be picked up and returned between November 26 and December 20, so there are some peak holiday dates excluded. However, the 40% discount could save you some cash and help you escape on a winter getaway. Keep in mind that you must book by November 28 and enter the code SILVERSALE in order to get the discount. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
Featured image by Silvercar.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees