TPG Reviews the Delta One Suite, Singapore’s Stunning Suites, New Routes for October and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
October 30th marked a huge day in the aviation world — it was the first time a North American carrier flew an A350 commercially. Plus, Delta introduced its long-awaited Delta One Suites product to the market. TPG was on board for the inaugural flight — here’s his full review.
Singapore finally unveiled its much-anticipated all-new Suites Product for its Airbus A380s. It’s nothing short of amazing and travelers are already anxiously awaiting its inaugural flight in December from Singapore (SIN) to Sydney (SYD).
We’ve compiled a list of new routes that were announced and commenced in October. Check out what new flights have been added among the various airlines of the world.
This week, American Express opened its new Centurion Lounge at Philadelphia Airport (PHL) to cardmembers and their guests.
In addition to the new Delta One Suites, Delta’s A350s bring an entirely new class of service to the airline — Premium Select. Read TPG Assistant Editor Nick Ellis’ full review of the carrier’s new premium economy product on the A350’s inaugural flight.
This year, we’ve seen changes to both the Platinum Card® from American Express and the Business Platinum Card® from American Express that make both cards more appealing in an increasingly competitive premium card market. So, which one is better for you?
Amy Weinberg, a 20-year industry vet, was selected to fill the role as the new head of World of Hyatt. Weinberg formerly worked as an SVP for Starwood Hotels and Resorts and started her new position on Tuesday, October 31.
There are currently two Hilton-branded Amex cards: the Hilton Honors Card from American Express and the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express, but on January 18, 2018, those two cards will be getting some updates, and there will ultimately be three Hilton-branded Amex picks, including one premium option with a $450 annual fee.
In other news…
Delhi Airport Axes Separate Immigration Counters for Premium Flyers
Starting this week, Delhi Airport made changes for premium-cabin international travelers. First and Business class travelers used to be able to use separate immigration counters, but the Bureau of Immigration took away this perk, meaning you should expect longer lines at Delhi Airport (DEL).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees