TPG Reviews the Delta One Suite, Singapore’s Stunning Suites, New Routes for October and More
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
October 30th marked a huge day in the aviation world — it was the first time a North American carrier flew an A350 commercially. Plus, Delta introduced its long-awaited Delta One Suites product to the market. TPG was on board for the inaugural flight — here’s his full review.
Singapore finally unveiled its much-anticipated all-new Suites Product for its Airbus A380s. It’s nothing short of amazing and travelers are already anxiously awaiting its inaugural flight in December from Singapore (SIN) to Sydney (SYD).
We’ve compiled a list of new routes that were announced and commenced in October. Check out what new flights have been added among the various airlines of the world.
This week, American Express opened its new Centurion Lounge at Philadelphia Airport (PHL) to cardmembers and their guests.
In addition to the new Delta One Suites, Delta’s A350s bring an entirely new class of service to the airline — Premium Select. Read TPG Assistant Editor Nick Ellis’ full review of the carrier’s new premium economy product on the A350’s inaugural flight.
This year, we’ve seen changes to both the Platinum Card® from American Express and the Business Platinum Card® from American Express that make both cards more appealing in an increasingly competitive premium card market. So, which one is better for you?
Amy Weinberg, a 20-year industry vet, was selected to fill the role as the new head of World of Hyatt. Weinberg formerly worked as an SVP for Starwood Hotels and Resorts and started her new position on Tuesday, October 31.
There are currently two Hilton-branded Amex cards: the Hilton Honors Card from American Express and the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express, but on January 18, 2018, those two cards will be getting some updates, and there will ultimately be three Hilton-branded Amex picks, including one premium option with a $450 annual fee.
In other news…
Delhi Airport Axes Separate Immigration Counters for Premium Flyers
Starting this week, Delhi Airport made changes for premium-cabin international travelers. First and Business class travelers used to be able to use separate immigration counters, but the Bureau of Immigration took away this perk, meaning you should expect longer lines at Delhi Airport (DEL).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.