Uber Cyber Attack, Complimentary Delta One Upgrades, Lufthansa’s New Business Class and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
Last year, Uber was the victim of a cyber attack that stole the personal information of 57 million users. The rideshare giant reportedly tried to cover up the hack and now it’s facing questions pertaining to how and why users are just now finding out their private information was at risk.
In addition to Delta bringing its premium lie-flat business class product to a bunch of domestic routes, the airline also announced that beginning in April, 2018, Medallion members will be eligible to score complimentary upgrades to the Delta One cabin on domestic flights.
Earlier this week, Lufthansa released renderings of its new business-class product that will be introduced on its upcoming Boeing 777-9 (777X). The new product looks like it’ll provide tons of privacy for passengers — we’re especially excited for those “throne” seats in the middle.
A new letter has been uncovered that provides insight into the only unsolved airline highjacking in the US. In 1971, D.B. Cooper highjacked a flight between Portland (PDX) and Seattle (SEA) — this newly revealed letter could prove that the FBI covered up the case.
How to Use AA Vacations Promotion for a Year-End European Mileage Run
As the end of 2017 approaches, you might find yourself scrambling to qualify for elite status for 2018. American Airlines has made it simple for qualifying members by adding a variety of strategies you can employ to get the miles you need in time.
TPG‘s new column, Jetiquette, answers all the dos and don’ts of airline travel. This week, we explored the hot topic of swapping seats on a plane.
United is not known for its speedy in-flight Wi-Fi. But frequent flyers rejoice — the airline sent an email to its customers letting them know that starting in 2018, the Wi-Fi connection should be vastly improved.
It’s no secret that Qatar Airlines’ Qsuite leads the pack when it comes to business-class products. Soon, US-based flyers will have more chances to experience the Qsuites when it launches the product on its Washington, DC (IAD) to Doha (DOH) in 2018.
On November 20, Air China, the only non-North Korean airline to offer service into the hermit kingdom, ended its service from Beijing (PEK) to Pyongyang (FNJ).
Getting approved for Global Entry just got a little easier. The Customs and Border Protection Agency added its “Enrollment on Arrival” service to 16 airports around the country which allows travelers to complete their Global Entry enrollment interview when arriving at a participating airport after an international trip.
In other news…
Earn TrueBlue Points with Amazon on Cyber Monday
This weekend, JetBlue customers can earn TrueBlue points by shopping with the “Points for Prime” promotion. From November 24-27, users who sign up for an annual Amazon Prime membership are eligible to earn 3,000 TrueBlue points. Additionally, customers will earn 3x TrueBlue points on eligible Amazon items.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees