Qatar Airways Offering Thanksgiving Meals for All Passengers — Even Economy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even if you’re 35,000 feet in the air, Qatar Airways is going to help ensure that you have a warm Thanksgiving meal on your table — rather, your tray table. For two days, the carrier is offering special Thanksgiving menus to both business class and economy passengers traveling on US-bound or originating flights.
If you’re traveling with Qatar on November 22 or 23 on a Doha- (DOH)-US or US-DOH route, you’ll be able to get a hot Thanksgiving meal — no matter if you’re in business or economy. What can you expect? Well, according to a Qatar Airways press release:
“Tracing back to 621, the annual Thanksgiving celebrations represent a time for Americans to celebrate being with their families, over traditional dinners of turkey, cranberries and pumpkin pie.”
Economy passengers aren’t left out of the festivities, but their business-class counterparts will have a better selection of offerings. On the business-class menu, you’ll find roasted squash soup with toasted pumpkin seeds and chive crème fraîche, a main course featuring turkey with cranberry sauce and gravy, roast potatoes, green beans and carrots, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert. Economy passengers will get sliced turkey breast with cranberry gravy, roast potatoes, carrots and green beans with pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.
The Qatar Thanksgiving treatment isn’t exclusive to its flights. Passengers traveling in first and business class will also get Thanksgiving menus in the airline’s lounges at DOH. Passengers at the Al Safwa First Lounge will get prunes and apricot stuffed turkey, dauphinoise potatoes, brussels sprouts and roasted chestnuts finished with spiced cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pecan pie with crème fraîche for dessert. Those in the Al Mourjan Business Lounge will get a buffet-style offering, featuring roast turkey stuffed with prunes, apricot and herb gravy, as well as pumpkin pecan pie with crème fraîche for dessert.
If you’re traveling to or from the US with Qatar on Wednesday or Thursday, keep an eye out for the carrier’s Thanksgiving offerings. Even if you won’t be dining around a table with family, digging into a turkey dinner can bring a little bit of the feeling of home to the sky.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees