Qatar Airways Offering Thanksgiving Meals for All Passengers — Even Economy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even if you’re 35,000 feet in the air, Qatar Airways is going to help ensure that you have a warm Thanksgiving meal on your table — rather, your tray table. For two days, the carrier is offering special Thanksgiving menus to both business class and economy passengers traveling on US-bound or originating flights.
If you’re traveling with Qatar on November 22 or 23 on a Doha- (DOH)-US or US-DOH route, you’ll be able to get a hot Thanksgiving meal — no matter if you’re in business or economy. What can you expect? Well, according to a Qatar Airways press release:
“Tracing back to 621, the annual Thanksgiving celebrations represent a time for Americans to celebrate being with their families, over traditional dinners of turkey, cranberries and pumpkin pie.”
Economy passengers aren’t left out of the festivities, but their business-class counterparts will have a better selection of offerings. On the business-class menu, you’ll find roasted squash soup with toasted pumpkin seeds and chive crème fraîche, a main course featuring turkey with cranberry sauce and gravy, roast potatoes, green beans and carrots, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert. Economy passengers will get sliced turkey breast with cranberry gravy, roast potatoes, carrots and green beans with pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.
The Qatar Thanksgiving treatment isn’t exclusive to its flights. Passengers traveling in first and business class will also get Thanksgiving menus in the airline’s lounges at DOH. Passengers at the Al Safwa First Lounge will get prunes and apricot stuffed turkey, dauphinoise potatoes, brussels sprouts and roasted chestnuts finished with spiced cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pecan pie with crème fraîche for dessert. Those in the Al Mourjan Business Lounge will get a buffet-style offering, featuring roast turkey stuffed with prunes, apricot and herb gravy, as well as pumpkin pecan pie with crème fraîche for dessert.
If you’re traveling to or from the US with Qatar on Wednesday or Thursday, keep an eye out for the carrier’s Thanksgiving offerings. Even if you won’t be dining around a table with family, digging into a turkey dinner can bring a little bit of the feeling of home to the sky.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.