New SoulCycle Discounts and Perks Via Amex Platinum
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A glaringly obvious and still barely touched category where rewards credit card perks could dramatically expand is the realms of health and fitness. You have rewards credit cards that offer bonuses on the spending categories of cell phones, dining, internet, satellite, travel, grocery shopping, and so much more, but name one that offers a category bonus on a gym membership or fitness classes. I still can’t really name any off-hand, but The Platinum Card® from American Express has now expanded into offering some perks for those who like to SoulCycle at the 82 different SoulCycle locations across the United States.
Starting today, enrolled Platinum Card Members have access to the following offers at 82 SoulCycle locations across the U.S.:
- Three complimentary classes when a series of 20 classes is purchased at soul-cycle.com (valued at ~$100, depending on studio location)
- SuperSoul status with the purchase of a series of 25 SuperSoul classes (compared to the standard requirement of a 50 class series purchase)
- Ten “First Class Free” passes to provide to new riders
- Retail perks including advance access to SoulCycle warehouse sales and free shipping on all orders placed online at soul-cycle.com
I found it interesting though not really surprising that there is a 45% increase in spending at SoulCycle among Amex premium cardmembers in the last three years. If you live in NYC SoulCycle is probably as recognizable as Starbucks, though there isn’t a SoulCycle studio anywhere near close enough to my house to make this really usable. I suspect that will be the case for most that live in Suburbia, USA. However, I love to see premium rewards cards expanding more into the areas of health and fitness so I’m giving this a thumbs up as a great step in the right direction.
While I sadly don’t foresee me putting these new perks to use in the near term, for the sake of research I logged on to SoulCycle see if my Mercedes Platinum Authorized User Card would do the trick to unlock the benefits even though it isn’t the primary card on the account and indeed it worked just fine.
Let’s hope this is just the first in a series of partnerships and benefits between rewards credit cards and popular health and fitness businesses!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees