This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The day before Thanksgiving has always been a hectic travel day. Especially at a major airport like LaGuardia Airport (LGA) (and one that’s in the middle of a massive redevelopment). Combine the two and you have a travel nightmare.
Now, the New York Post reports some buses have completely halted making stops at the airport because of heavy traffic jams. Instead, passengers got dropped off at 94th St in Queens and given no alternative plan or route for getting to LaGuardia.
The Post reports: “A notice on the MTA website said that M60-SBS, Q48, Q70-SBS, and Q72 buses were all diverted from LaGuardia because of bad traffic that made it impossible to get into the perimeter roads.”
Needless to say, this isn’t making the airport very popular with its holiday travelers.
the cool thing about #laguardia is they’ve really stepped up their game to deliver a fully immersive garbage experience
— Allyson Morgan (@allysonm) November 22, 2017
280 characters could never express how shit #LaGuardia airport is.
— Aoife (@nycaoife) November 22, 2017
#MTA has a Thanksgiving gift for public transpo-loving New Yorkers: M60 SBS buses not going to airport today. Instead #MTA dropping bewildered passengers at 94th St in Queens. No advice or help fo them on how to get to LaGuardia
— Julia Vitullo-Martin (@JuliaManhattan) November 22, 2017
Help keep traffic moving at #LGA
— LaGuardia Airport (@LGAairport) November 22, 2017
Are you currently en route to LaGuardia? Or stuck at 94th St in Queens? Weigh in and tell us your holiday travel horror stories.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees