This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The day before Thanksgiving has always been a hectic travel day. Especially at a major airport like LaGuardia Airport (LGA) (and one that’s in the middle of a massive redevelopment). Combine the two and you have a travel nightmare.
Now, the New York Post reports some buses have completely halted making stops at the airport because of heavy traffic jams. Instead, passengers got dropped off at 94th St in Queens and given no alternative plan or route for getting to LaGuardia.
The Post reports: “A notice on the MTA website said that M60-SBS, Q48, Q70-SBS, and Q72 buses were all diverted from LaGuardia because of bad traffic that made it impossible to get into the perimeter roads.”
Needless to say, this isn’t making the airport very popular with its holiday travelers.
the cool thing about #laguardia is they’ve really stepped up their game to deliver a fully immersive garbage experience
— Allyson Morgan (@allysonm) November 22, 2017
280 characters could never express how shit #LaGuardia airport is.
— Aoife (@nycaoife) November 22, 2017
#MTA has a Thanksgiving gift for public transpo-loving New Yorkers: M60 SBS buses not going to airport today. Instead #MTA dropping bewildered passengers at 94th St in Queens. No advice or help fo them on how to get to LaGuardia
— Julia Vitullo-Martin (@JuliaManhattan) November 22, 2017
Help keep traffic moving at #LGA
— LaGuardia Airport (@LGAairport) November 22, 2017
Are you currently en route to LaGuardia? Or stuck at 94th St in Queens? Weigh in and tell us your holiday travel horror stories.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards