This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is offering flyers a pretty intriguing sale — one it’s calling “The Friends, Family & Maybe a Few Frenemies Sale.” For a limited time, you can get 20% off the base airfare for your next trip.
In order to get the 20% off your base airfare, you must book your ticket by November 15, 2017, at 11:59pm ET, and travel between November 29, 2017, and February 14, 2018. Note that the deal excludes travel on Fridays and Sundays, and there are blackout dates between December 15, 2017, and January 10, 2018. In addition, you must enter the promo code BFF when purchasing your ticket through jetbue.com/promo in order to get the 20% off your airfare.
Note that you won’t get 20% off everything — just the base airfare. That means you’re still required to pay the government taxes and fees on the ticket. You’ll only get one code per booking, and the 20% discount isn’t valid on previous bookings. In addition, Mint and award tickets aren’t available as part of this promotion.
The good news is that this discount is available for both one-way and round-trip itineraries, so your options are rather open. For example, you could fly from New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO) for $98 one-way:
Or, you could fly round-trip on that same route for $207.
This promotion is great because it’s offering a discount on most flights on many dates through February 2018. If you’ve been looking to book a trip with JetBlue, this is the perfect opportunity to do so to get a discount on your base fare. Be sure to book your flight through jetblue.com/promo, use the promo code BFF and book by November 15 in order to make sure you get your discount.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees