Get 15% of Your Points Back on JetBlue Award Redemptions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re planning on putting your TrueBlue points to use soon, now is a good time to do so. JetBlue is offering a 15% points rebate on award tickets for a limited time.
If you book your award ticket by November 14, 2017, and fly by February 14, 2018, you’ll be eligible to get 15% of your points back. Note that you must register for the promotion on JetBlue’s website in order to get TrueBlue points back in the form of a rebate.
This is a good opportunity to save you some TrueBlue points on your booking. For example, you could book a one-way flight from New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO) for 7,800 TrueBlue points + $5.80. With the 15% rebate, you’d be saving 1,170 points, which are worth $15 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. With the rebate, that would bring your award booking down to a total of just 6,630 points for the transcontinental flight. You could also purchase a Mint seat, which is one of TPG’s favorite ways to fly domestically. On the route, JetBlue is charging 42,200 TrueBlue points + $5.60. When getting 15% of your points back, it brings the cost of the ticket down to 35,870 one-way.
Note that this isn’t an immediate savings — you’ll see the rebated points hit your account approximately 4-6 weeks after February 14, 2018. You must be a TrueBlue member to take advantage, and you can sign up for the program here.
Keep in mind that if you don’t have TrueBlue points in your account, you can also transfer them from Citi ThankYou and American Express Membership Rewards. Through November 30, you could also get a 25% bonus when you transfer Amex Membership Rewards points to JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.