This Incredible Timelapse Shows How an Emirates A380 Is Retrofitted
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates shared some pretty big news this week, including the reveal of its insane new first-class suites and the rather unfortunate continuation of their 2-3-2 configuration in business class. The airline placed a huge order for Boeing 787 Dreamliners, and recently took delivery of its 100th A380, with another 42 on the way. Clearly, the motto in Dubai right now is “go big or go home.”
In honor of Emirates’ 100th superjumbo, we’re bringing you a throwback to 2014, when the Dubai-based carrier completed its first maintenance check on the first A380 it operated. The 3-C Check is one of the largest maintenance checks that an aircraft undergoes — it requires an almost complete dismantling of the aircraft’s interior. Over 1,600 parts were removed, fixed or replaced and then re-installed.
The 3-C check took a whopping 55 days and it’s possible that we’ll see other A380s undergo a similar process with the eventual installation of Emirates’ new seats. Although, the carrier says its planning on only outfitting its 151 777s with the new first, business and economy products.
H/T: The Telegraph
Featured image by Emirates/YouTube.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.