This Incredible Timelapse Shows How an Emirates A380 Is Retrofitted
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates shared some pretty big news this week, including the reveal of its insane new first-class suites and the rather unfortunate continuation of their 2-3-2 configuration in business class. The airline placed a huge order for Boeing 787 Dreamliners, and recently took delivery of its 100th A380, with another 42 on the way. Clearly, the motto in Dubai right now is “go big or go home.”
In honor of Emirates’ 100th superjumbo, we’re bringing you a throwback to 2014, when the Dubai-based carrier completed its first maintenance check on the first A380 it operated. The 3-C Check is one of the largest maintenance checks that an aircraft undergoes — it requires an almost complete dismantling of the aircraft’s interior. Over 1,600 parts were removed, fixed or replaced and then re-installed.
The 3-C check took a whopping 55 days and it’s possible that we’ll see other A380s undergo a similar process with the eventual installation of Emirates’ new seats. Although, the carrier says its planning on only outfitting its 151 777s with the new first, business and economy products.
H/T: The Telegraph
Featured image by Emirates/YouTube.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees